Losing youth players

I think Trippier, Sturridge are examples of players have gone on to have decent careers at other clubs. Brooks, Schmeichael could be considered other examples.

Losing a couple I do not think is the problem but when so few have come through that is more of the issue. Im struggling to think of any youth players over the past 10 years who have made any real impact over a sustained period on the squad. As you say hopefully Foden is the start of a swing in the other direction
It was always going to be a steep learning curve for all when HHSM came in, I think we are now levelling out and people will stop complaining in the very near future.

Most on here have alluded to the fact that the majority of young-stars never see their name in the first 11. Therefore, selling them and illusion to the 'smaller' clubs that the top six youth teams are packed with talent means that once sold they have theoretically paid for their own development. Hence why many never get to play regularly at their loan clubs. The fact is they just are not good enough. Therefore, It makes for good business sense otherwise why have a youth team at all if they are not going to crack the first team? Gems like Foden seldom appear and when they do, they have a definable path to take (Lakey, Hinchcliffe, Brightwell, White, Redmond, Flitcroft, Barton, Richards and Sturridge my casing point).

Most on here have alluded to the fact that the majority of young-stars never see their name in the first 11. Therefore, selling them and illusion to the 'smaller' clubs that the top six youth teams are packed with talent means that once sold they have theoretically paid for their own development. Hence why many never get to play regularly at their loan clubs. The fact is they just are not good enough. Therefore, It makes for good business sense otherwise why have a youth team at all if they are not going to crack the first team? Gems like Foden seldom appear and when they do, they have a definable path to take (Lakey, Hinchcliffe, Brightwell, White, Redmond, Flitcroft, Barton, Richards and Sturridge my casing point).
Do what now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.