Losing youth players

The vast majority of players will go on to have fruitful careers in the game but at different levels; the club will have deemed that they are highly unlikely to make it with us. A handful will go on to have fruitful careers at the club, and a few will slip through the net. The problem is that people outside the club will hold those examples up as testimony that the system is failing.
We will make mistakes, all clubs do, and some may come back to haunt us, so we just need to be better at identifying the exceptional talents and ensuring that their pathways are not blocked.

Don't think losing the youth players is necessarily a problem, and none of those who have gone have really bitten us too badly. I just think we should be getting more money for them.

Both Liverpool and Chelsea seem to get massive amounts for young players of a similar calibre to ours.

Don't think losing the youth players is necessarily a problem, and none of those who have gone have really bitten us too badly. I just think we should be getting more money for them.

Both Liverpool and Chelsea seem to get massive amounts for young players of a similar calibre to ours.
Do they though?
Chelsea have kept all their big talents e.g. Mount, Tomori, James, Abraham and so on. Can't think of any youngsters they have sold for big fees.

Liverpool have got decent fees for Solanke and Ibe but I can't think of anyone else.

We sold Sancho for a 'low' fee but have secured potentially another 15m in the clauses, Iheanacho for 25m, Brahim for 15m, Gunn for 10m, Unal for 12m, Maffeo for 8m and Suarez for about 5m with clauses i think. That is a good return on players that apart from Ihenacho have barely been involved in the first team.

Do they though?
Chelsea have kept all their big talents e.g. Mount, Tomori, James, Abraham and so on. Can't think of any youngsters they have sold for big fees.

Liverpool have got decent fees for Solanke and Ibe but I can't think of anyone else.

We sold Sancho for a 'low' fee but have secured potentially another 15m in the clauses, Iheanacho for 25m, Brahim for 15m, Gunn for 10m, Unal for 12m, Maffeo for 8m and Suarez for about 5m with clauses i think. That is a good return on players that apart from Ihenacho have barely been involved in the first team.

Yeah its a good point, think its the outliers like 30 million for Solanke that stick in my mind. We've done alright from that list.

Do they though?

Plus the flippers like Mooy 8 mill, and who was the dutch forward we bought then sold to a Spanish team can’t remember his name or the fee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.