love a good conspiracy theory....

Rammy Blue

now i am not saying that all is rosy between frank and city however the more i think about this going into exile the more it makes sense.

initially frank was confident when he went back to thailand that he would get all of his cash back however i am sure it was very quickly evident that he had fucking no chance as the so-called "invisible hand!!!!" was still at work.

major turmoil on the streets with the demonstrations and everything pretty much going nowhere.

courts would never put frank behind bars and plenty of articles have been written about how such action would have created anarchy as he is still loved by the masses in thailand.

shot across the bows when his wife gets sentenced to 3 years when normally a fine would have been issued.

thai elite want him out of country and only way is to agree a deal with frank. he agrees to get out and pays "tax" on his frozen cash.

cover story of allowing him to go to olympics with his wife - funny that they were allowed permission to go.....

kids jump on plane from bangkok to london......

supreme court now issues arrest warrant - again just to keep story going....

thailand can start to return to normal with frank out of the way, will defo have got some of his money otherwise he will want to keep on fighting to get it back.

everyone lives happily ever after....

except maybe city?????

Nice theory!

You could add to it that the Thai authorities realising that Frank is Mr Man City in Thailand don't want his ugly mug in the papers/ tv/ media etc etc so as part of the deal they tell him to sell City...Frank then starts looking around for investors pretending that he is looking for partners etc.

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
Nice theory!

You could add to it that the Thai authorities realising that Frank is Mr Man City in Thailand don't want his ugly mug in the papers/ tv/ media etc etc so as part of the deal they tell him to sell City...Frank then starts looking around for investors pretending that he is looking for partners etc.

makes a lot of sense URG, one thing i can't get my head around is "why try and sell players behind managers back?" - suppose it could be consistent with your theory of being told to sell the club - sell a few, make the debt not look so bad so that potential investors see a healthier set of accounts?

Like my old man said last night. If Shinawatra's wife had been convicted and released on bail she wouldn't have access to her passport, therefore restricting her movement out of the country. Now if reports are to be believed both her and Thaksin are back in this country so this just adds even more fuel to the fire.

Rammy Blue said:
Nice theory!

makes a lot of sense URG, one thing i can't get my head around is "why try and sell players behind managers back?" - suppose it could be consistent with your theory of being told to sell the club - sell a few, make the debt not look so bad so that potential investors see a healthier set of accounts?

Dunno...I guess that the Club has a short term cashflow issue and needs cash.

I have heard all sorts of stuff re the finances recently and don't wish to comment or speculate (as that won't help matters) suffice to say I continue to be very concerned (as have been for a year now). I am still neither pro or anti Frank just sceptical and concerned about the finances.

Rammy Blue said:

Dunno...I guess that the Club has a short term cashflow issue and needs cash.

I have heard all sorts of stuff re the finances recently and don't wish to comment or speculate (as that won't help matters) suffice to say I continue to be very concerned (as have been for a year now). I am still neither pro or anti Frank just sceptical and concerned about the finances.

i can't understand the cash flow issues completely either - we knew full well that approx 8-10 mil was due on the installments, plus wages etc, we know when the sky payment is due plus we then went out and paid for Jo circa 4-7 mil downpayment plus 3-5 mil for Ben Haim plus payments for Hughesy and crew approx 5 mil. a mate of mine hypothesized that maybe we are pretending to be skint to get lower prices when we try and buy players as everyone used to think we were loaded after bidding for ronaldinho?

i dont have any contacts or sources at the club , but a goood friend of mine told me he knows someone that doesnt know anything thats going on

does anyone else not know anything or know someone who knows nothing.

i can not reveal my source so dont ask

there is one thing being skint and another is short term cash flow - i still personally believe that frank is fucking loaded however has been unable to use the cash whilst going through the nonsense in thailand, if he has cut a deal then he no longer has too worry about "not flashing the cash" as he will be able to use all his swiss accounts.

i do agree with URG that maybe the thais have told him to sell up as they won't want his face all over the press pages at home.

what odds on him being at COMS on thursday?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.