Love City, hate football

Can we suggest what the club can do to re-engage with its long-standing fans rather than bemoan the fact that they don't give a fcuk about us? Sadly, a lot of the things the op is moaning about have nothing to do with the club. ie. Moving fixtures, VAR, Liverpool's hacking etc. I genuinely feel the club has taken its eye off the ball with regards to its core support. In my opinion all we need is reasonable ticket pricing, an easier way to buy tickets, an end to the Platinum "buy your way to loyalty" scheme and decent beer. The club should be thankful that its hardcore fanbase stood by it when it would have been easy to walk away like many clubs' fans did when their teams went shite. Instead the Platinum scheme was imposed and ever increasing ticket prices.

I agree with some of what you say but didn’t Wardle and Makin put in multimillions with no real hope a return, during our trophy free years. It wasn’t always a one way street.

Last edited:
Yep, VAR and the shit pundit media love iin with scouse fucks and rag fucks.

Bur i have to say, the most important thing for me is the unbridled passion and mental madness of a goal such as sergios or vinnys, but VAR has taken that from me and i think we'll never ger it back. I'm dieing inside.
100% agree , that’s the main thing for me , was a pleasure watching Newcastle v Oxford without var last night , i’ll Go v Norwich to thank David Silva for his fantastic service to the club , been a pleasure to watch him play then I’m cancelling my season ticket .

Football in general is turning to shit.
KO times altered to suit tv and fucking amazon.
Almost every day/night of the week.
Complete lack of thought for away fans
Sitting down (still)
Nonsense reporting
'Morality'
V a fucking r
Internet fans
Animosity

Felt like this for a couple of seasons but the beauty of Citys football kept me coming back. The last straw for me is var. Went to spurs game at start of season and not been back since.
I think we all knew leaving the ground after the spurs game exactly what we were in for this season

Last edited:
Surely it’s going to reach it’s saturation point?

I find the whole thing so boring. Turn the tele on any night and it’s on, flick between 4 or 5 channels and it’s on. Tune in late at night or early in the morning and highlights are showing.

Not happy at that? Slap on one of the shite, overrun football based shows like Soccer AM or Sunday Supplement.

Can’t go into a pub without it being on. And it’s all people want to talk about in their social lives as well.

Throw in that on top of the last 5 years or so and the way football and City have moved, it’s a bit much for me.

this may turn into a long rambling rant as I am of work poorly ;)

I love City to bits could never image me writing what I am about to write a year ago or so. First of its not sour grapes for any of you dippers out there .
I have fallen out of love with football for a number of reasons.
things like being surround by away fans in our end match after match I don't like it.
things like the cock up over the 125yr limited shirts
things like the press/media constantly writing/saying shit about us
things like you book for a game at 3pm Saturday than the tv move it and you cant go
things like little praise for what City have achieved
things like bloody VAR
things like the silence on Liverpool hacking our computer systems
things like Liverpool getting away with the coach attack
things like ffp
things like the premier league has a plan for a different winner every few years ???? how is that ??
things like batch or barm !
What's new ?

Seeing City win the domestic treble and beating Liverpool in an epic title race has been followed by the disappointment of defeat.

Don't give me it's not that. It absolutely is.
Have to agree. L'pool fans probably have similar moans about k.o. times, ticket prices and other stuff (though not var) but they've got non-stop winning and the media glorifying their every step to keep them happy.

Most footy fans by nature are loyal and reluctant to change we like(d) knowing that at 3pm Saturday, 7.30 Wednesday our teams were in action i even used to enjoy some of the scousers european nights!! . Now we are spoilt for choice and the game is overexposed , riddled with gambling marketing . The geordies game last night was a blast from the past, no var, limited adverts and steve bruce / karl robinson adding the glamour!

Think the OP has got it spot on tbh.
I've watched less and less football these past few years, as you can go all week with games on every night, with some days up to 3 matches back to back, over-exposure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.