Love City, hate football

It's been turning into a farce for a while now. You could practically write a book about it. Frankly, I think they take "ordinary" fans for granted.
The blatant bias in favour of certain teams stinks the game out. The referees are nearly all bent or incompetent (you choose.) The "match day experience" is a load of cheesy shite aimed at seven year olds with the attention span of a goldfish. VAR is the worse thing to happen to the game in decades and wants binning. The TV "pundits" are nearly all morons. Match day prices are a joke. The club seems to want to cater principally for plutocrats and tourists. Getting to and from the ground is horrendous. Kick off times - before long they'll be having them at 3-00 am on Tuesday to suit the TV market somewhere.

Apart from that, it's OK.

My biggest gripe is the standard of referee
There the worst bunch I can remember.
No British REFS at the last world cup sums up the standard of REFS we have to put up with every week.
C.T.I.D

Surely it’s going to reach it’s saturation point?

I find the whole thing so boring. Turn the tele on any night and it’s on, flick between 4 or 5 channels and it’s on. Tune in late at night or early in the morning and highlights are showing.

Not happy at that? Slap on one of the shite, overrun football based shows like Soccer AM or Sunday Supplement.

Can’t go into a pub without it being on. And it’s all people want to talk about in their social lives as well.

Throw in that on top of the last 5 years or so and the way football and City have moved, it’s a bit much for me.

cancel your sky subscription and that might help. It may also save you a few bob.

Most footy fans by nature are loyal and reluctant to change we like(d) knowing that at 3pm Saturday, 7.30 Wednesday our teams were in action i even used to enjoy some of the scousers european nights!! . Now we are spoilt for choice and the game is overexposed , riddled with gambling marketing . The geordies game last night was a blast from the past, no var, limited adverts and steve bruce / karl robinson adding the glamour!
Add women's footy into the mix too...

It's been turning into a farce for a while now. You could practically write a book about it. Frankly, I think they take "ordinary" fans for granted.
The blatant bias in favour of certain teams stinks the game out. The referees are nearly all bent or incompetent (you choose.) The "match day experience" is a load of cheesy shite aimed at seven year olds with the attention span of a goldfish. VAR is the worse thing to happen to the game in decades and wants binning. The TV "pundits" are nearly all morons. Match day prices are a joke. The club seems to want to cater principally for plutocrats and tourists. Getting to and from the ground is horrendous. Kick off times - before long they'll be having them at 3-00 am on Tuesday to suit the TV market somewhere.

Apart from that, it's OK.
'Apart from that, Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play..?' Agree with your list, sums up my feelings towards everything that surrounds my love of City, especially the getting to-and-from the ground for a match (although since qualifying for an Old Git's discount, I must admit the prices have somewhat improved for me!) And my, I do look forward to those middle-of-the-night kick offs when the serious money starts being thrown around by those cuddly chaps from those sweet little Far Eastern and Russian betting syndicates..

I have got to the stage in my life where I have lived the Dreamthese past 10 years. Did my 35 year apprenticeship which was fuckin hard especially when your the only City fan around surrounded by dippers and rags( mostly plastic as i live in Dublin). Fuck the CL , I could ride off into the sunset knowing I have seen some of the best football ever seen. However the sniping, bitterness, jealousy, sense of self entitlement from the so called big clubs has pissed me off big style in such a way that I would get less pleasure if City won the league for the next 10 years and multiple FA and league cups than the joy of pissing of the media, sky, BT ,pundits and fans of the deluded establishment. To watch these fans get disenchanted with the game and walking away would be priceless

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.