LoveCity/City_Watch Appreciation Thread

pudge

Firstly, I and most of the forum appreciate all of those who contribute information regarding transfers and the club in general. If we all just waited for the OS to confirm something the De Bruyne thread wouldn't be in double digits let alone it's glorious 3000+.

@tolmie's hairdoo, @Zin 'messiah' Zimmer, @Ric, @mattyb, @Stephenhakin and the other "ITKs" and posters who pass on what they've heard that I've missed out, whilst getting a bollocking quite often, get rightfully praised and respected for the contribution; from most.

However, the work @LoveCity puts in in my opinion sometimes might get overlooked. Virtually every page has a tweet from City_Watch on it almost instantaneously to him tweeting it. We all have the notifications for the account turned on on our phone or have the page bookmarked and F5'd more than Michael Cole. Often a thread is created due to his gathering of a link to a player from a journalist or news station we've never heard of and that's what makes the transfer forum what it is. The whole forum even, I wouldn't have had a clue about this Girona stuff if not for City_Watch.

It's easy to copy and paste a tweet but I just thought it would be nice seeing the window is coming to a close to appreciate the work that goes into finding those tweets. I imagine Ric and the mods will question where there appreciation thread is but they must understand that the odd "twat" remark is our way of showing love to them.

It's a 24/7 "job" that he does for the benefit of us fans and even then throughout the window there have been remarks of "why does he tweet that rubbish". If it involves City, it's worth knowing. Be it the stories in tomorrow's papers or confirmation of the CL draw, it's all under one roof for our convenience.

So here's to @LoveCity for keeping all of us up to date for what is the craziest, most hectic time of the year.

vmsN7lPw.png

Echo these sentiments ...

Even if I was too lazy to read it all. :-)

Nice touch, pudge, and a big thank you to all the ITK's for posting the snippets they get to hear. I don't think the abuse you get is from real City fans because I'm sure most of us appreciate the contributions. After all, nothing is certain until the dotted line is signed.

Now, I will follow Tolmie's advice and check the Bale and Pogba threads until the window is closed. It's been a fantastic window no matter what happens.

Yep, can I my thanks to all those named by pudge. A couple of days early perhaps;-) but a great shout to express these sentiments - they all do a great job

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.