Loving Jo

Kinky

I stick my neck out and say - the kid will become a stellar player. Sure, he had it rough so far. Our domestic league is pretty good, but he isn't playing in Russia anymore. He played for a club that considers a runner-up spot as a failed season over here. He joined our club at a time when it seems almost everybody is making up some sort of a transfer rumour involving our new-found bags of moolah. It takes time. If I were Sparky, I'd strongly encourage our generous owners to invest in Vagner Love. That would be a cracking pairing. I mean seriously, these two were worth the admission fee for any given CSKA match. And I am very tight when it comes down to attending any domestic match. Jo will come good. A little perspective, my fellow followerrs of the God's Club. Remember the Pointer? I do. Remember the spring of 99? I do. We're better off now. We'll rule the world (well at least we'll freakin try to). Just not now. Stay calm. The kid is magical.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, there is finally a bit of snow in Moscow. Always brings a smile on me face.

Kinky said:
I stick my neck out and say - the kid will become a stellar player. Sure, he had it rough so far. Our domestic league is pretty good, but he isn't playing in Russia anymore. He played for a club that considers a runner-up spot as a failed season over here. He joined our club at a time when it seems almost everybody is making up some sort of a transfer rumour involving our new-found bags of moolah. It takes time. If I were Sparky, I'd strongly encourage our generous owners to invest in Vagner Love. That would be a cracking pairing. I mean seriously, these two were worth the admission fee for any given CSKA match. And I am very tight when it comes down to attending any domestic match. Jo will come good. A little perspective, my fellow followerrs of the God's Club. Remember the Pointer? I do. Remember the spring of 99? I do. We're better off now. We'll rule the world (well at least we'll freakin try to). Just not now. Stay calm. The kid is magical.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, there is finally a bit of snow in Moscow. Always brings a smile on me face.

You have seen a heck of a lot more of him than anyone on here, if there is one person's judgement I trust on Jo it's yours. I agree that he will turn out to be a cracker given some time, look at Tevez he wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders initially was he. He took some time to get going, same can be said of a lot of players who come here from totally different footballing leagues.

Jo looks like he needs someone up top with him, that much is obvious. If Hughes continues to insist on the one man up top formation, at least give the lad sometime to adjust to this alien formation.

bluejase-Cos I was like born here mate:) His pairing with Vagner was a great sight to behold. Jo is better off in a sort of Henry-like role when he can roam to the left and use his tasty left foot. He scored a couple of cracking free kicks for the Army boys. Vagner sometimes strikes you as a lazy git, but give gim the ball anywhere near the box, and you've got a fight on your hands. They complemented eachother perfectly. We have a great chance of landing him as well, since they are good mates. Fingers crossed. That would boost Jo's confidence and (well in theory anyway) allow him to play a more suitable role.

Da-Blu_Moona-Macherano was compared to a bag of lurd as well initially. But I guess some sections of media and support are the same anywhere in the world. It's just depressing to see some fellow City folks to sugget sending him out on loan or even selling him asap just because he didn't yet score 50 goals.

wouldnt it be nice of the fans would sing Jo's name... or is that asking too much?
happy clappers only support players when they are doing well....
what are we??

I'm in the "Jo will come good" camp.

I thought Andy Coles half time anlaysis on him during the PSG game was really interesting,( he definately is lacking in confidence, and is coming deep for the ball rather than making runs into danger area's, and one or two other observations on his game),I wanted him to sprint down to the changing room and have a word with him..perhaps that's why Vass played so well along side Cole!

BUt I do beleive that given time, and a few goals, he will be a success, just needs a half decent partner beside him.

didnt drogba have a dodgy first season then came good??

hopefully likewise here.

48 posts in 5 years ???????????

some newbies do that in an hour lol

Well i think he needs time, like drogba.

also maybe a strike partner, but where do you fit them into a 4-4-2 ?
Swp on the right, petrov on the left and two hard working midfielders in the middle, so that is stevie and kompany.

No rob ? no elano etc etc if kaka joins, where does he play alongside eto up front or on his own ?

Isnt it hard to pick a team and formation lol

Jo's performance against Chelsea was the best ive seen from a lone striker at City
the boy is quality
and given time, will prove a good signing

deco said:
didnt drogba have a dodgy first season then came good??

hopefully likewise here.

Not he started very well and got injured, his second was the poorest one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.