Low flying plane in the night

Without doubt one of the funniest things I have ever seen involved a low flying aircraft. In this case a Luftwaffe Tornado.

Must be about 20 year ago one on of the campsites at the Royal Internatinal Air Tattoo at Fairford, the world still had a sense of humour at the time.

It was about 8am and most were still fast asleep in their tents many having been on the piss the night before. I had woken up bursting for a piss and was making my way to the bog when i noticed a smoke trail in the distance signalling the first of the Thursday arrivals. However it soon became apparent it was moving fast and was heading toward the campsite rather than the adjacent airfield.

Wings swept back full reheat 100ft at a push down the whole campsite before breaking into the circuit and landing. You have never seen so many people stumbling out of tents hungover still pissed up not knowing what the fuck was going on, absolutely hilarious.

That is a very good point. Next to Salford Royal Hospital. The Mrs said maybe it was the air ambulance landing but it sounded more like a jet than a helicopter.
A Chinook went over Whitefield/Radcliffe around lunchtime today. Probably unrelated, but fantastic to see.

last night I woke up abruptly at 3.30am and it was to the sound of a very low flying aircraft overhead. I was bolt upright when I heard it and I was adamant i wasn't dreaming. Did anyone else hear anything last night or was I dreaming, although I'm certain I wasn't.
You shouldnt have left the landing light on !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.