Low Staying On As Germany Manager

I'm pretty sure he's selected Sané on a number of occasions.
He has - but he clearly blamed him for the crap performances when in fact it was the rest of the team (as predicted by yours truely BTW).

steviewonder.jpg

Low's overall record at finals is excellent. Don't really see it as a major issue they failed spectacularly at one tournament.

Frankly, I'm not sure what Low got wrong in terms of team selection other than not including Sane in his squad.

But nonetheless it's pretty amazing that Low will keep his job after Germany's dismal failure, not even getting beyond the group stage in a group that they should have easily topped.

Frankly, I'm not sure what Low got wrong in terms of team selection other than not including Sane in his squad.

But nonetheless it's pretty amazing that Low will keep his job after Germany's dismal failure, not even getting beyond the group stage in a group that they should have easily topped.
Would you resign when you can get a payoff for being sacked?

Would you resign when you can get a payoff for being sacked?
Maybe or maybe not - my surprise is not that Low failed to voluntarily resign - it's that the Germany failed to sack him (or force him to resign).

The German national team were in a mess in Russia but German football most certainly is not. The squad taken to the Confederations Cup showed that there is a generation of young German players quite capable of maintaining their country's place among the elite of the game and it was Low who picked that squad. The mistake he made for the world cup was to believe that his trusted band - most of whom had served him well since 2008-10 - were good for at least one more tournament and they were not. By the next world cup those players will all be (well) over 30. I suspect the German FA have informed Low that they expect him to build a new German team and to show clear progress by the Euros of 2020, and this is something Low will not need to be told. We might be unwise to write off Germany and Low just yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.