Lower Back pain.

abu13

Team supported
Gods own
Just wondering if anyone out there has had issues with lower back pain?

I have had it for about 4-5 years now in my lower right hand side, I remember the day the trouble started as I was playing golf and felt a twinge after a particular shot. After sitting in the clubhouse afterwards I struggled to get out of my chair and the pain was awful. Ever since then I have suffered with this on a regular basis and need to find a solution. I still play golf at least once a week and I know that by doing so I am not really giving it time to recover. I know that I could also do with losing a couple of stone which would also help. The slightest thing can set this off such and bending to get in the car or twisting as I get up out of a chair.

I have had physio in the past but I can't say it felt any better for doing so. I am seriously looking at trying out one of these inversion tables as the sensation I get is that I need to really stretch out my whole back.

I guess that I am not disciplined enough to stop playing golf and diet and so am looking at other options?

Has anyone had any joy in relieving back pain that they can suggest?

Just wondering if anyone out there has had issues with lower back pain?

I have had it for about 4-5 years now in my lower right hand side, I remember the day the trouble started as I was playing golf and felt a twinge after a particular shot. After sitting in the clubhouse afterwards I struggled to get out of my chair and the pain was awful. Ever since then I have suffered with this on a regular basis and need to find a solution. I still play golf at least once a week and I know that by doing so I am not really giving it time to recover. I know that I could also do with losing a couple of stone which would also help. The slightest thing can set this off such and bending to get in the car or twisting as I get up out of a chair.

I have had physio in the past but I can't say it felt any better for doing so. I am seriously looking at trying out one of these inversion tables as the sensation I get is that I need to really stretch out my whole back.

I guess that I am not disciplined enough to stop playing golf and diet and so am looking at other options?

Has anyone had any joy in relieving back pain that they can suggest?
It's a constant and daily thing in my life, my back doesn't hurt it's symptons from sciatica that affect me. I'm trying to be pro active on it, a daily stretch routine, regular acupunture, doing a ten course rolfing course right now.
The inversion tables can help but beware you don't go directly vertical, start on a gentle incline and work your way up, sometimes when you get back upright, the discs don't always go back exactly where they should

It's a constant and daily thing in my life, my back doesn't hurt it's symptons from sciatica that affect me. I'm trying to be pro active on it, a daily stretch routine, regular acupunture, doing a ten course rolfing course right now.
The inversion tables can help but beware you don't go directly vertical, start on a gentle incline and work your way up, sometimes when you get back upright, the discs don't always go back exactly where they should

Sciatica was causing my back, leg and knee issues too!

Since I got fed up and took control, I don't have it!

I remember saying to my physio that I dropped weight and it took pressure off my back and so it must have freed up my nerve that was trapped.

I dunno if that's true, but that's how I felt.

You say it is lower right side? Are you sure it is lower back and not right hip? This is virtually the same way and symptoms I had when my hip finally 'went'.

If it is your back you can try something a physio gave me many years ago as I was suffering from lower back pain for years and this was really good for me.

Lie on a hard surface (floor) on your stomach, push up with your arms as if doing a 'push up' but leave your lower part of your body (your stomach) on the floor. Do ten but hold the last one for the count of ten. Doesn't matter how successful you are but try to increase the raise each time you do it. Best done two or three times a day if you can.

You say it is lower right side? Are you sure it is lower back and not right hip? This is virtually the same way and symptoms I had when my hip finally 'went'.

If it is your back you can try something a physio gave me many years ago as I was suffering from lower back pain for years and this was really good for me.

Lie on a hard surface (floor) on your stomach, push up with your arms as if doing a 'push up' but leave your lower part of your body (your stomach) on the floor. Do ten but hold the last one for the count of ten. Doesn't matter how successful you are but try to increase the raise each time you do it. Best done two or three times a day if you can.

I will give it a go, but to be honest you are describing a normal push up for me anyway :)

No advice but similar issues.Had back pain for years but recently had sciatica and woke up with a numb right knee.Tried physio but done nothing.Might try the vids above but the losing weight is the road I am trying to go down atm, less pressure on joints etc.

I remember saying to my physio that I dropped weight and it took pressure off my back and so it must have freed up my nerve that was trapped.

Funny thing is, I was in great shape when I fucked it up, I remember clearly skiing all morning on a really deep day, tweaking my back a little bit, when I got home my roof had slid and there was about four feet of snow in front of my door. I shovelled it out really fast and about two hours later I went numb from my chest to my knees. I was off work for six weeks, in ridiculous pain for several of those.
I became wary of over doing it, it's hard to describe how awful a full blown back seizure is, I know you're right about losing the weight..I just love my beer too much

Funny thing is, I was in great shape when I fucked it up, I remember clearly skiing all morning on a really deep day, tweaking my back a little bit, when I got home my roof had slid and there was about four feet of snow in front of my door. I shovelled it out really fast and about two hours later I went numb from my chest to my knees. I was off work for six weeks, in ridiculous pain for several of those.
I became wary of over doing it, it's hard to describe how awful a full blown back seizure is, I know you're right about losing the weight..I just love my beer too much

I did mine after washing my hands and turning to my right to grab a paper towel!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.