'Loyalty' in Football.

I was listening to TS over the weekend. On the programme was Georgie Bingham and Jason Cundy. Cundy pointed out that there was no loyalty in Football. Bingham, however was almost incandescent with rage that Delph did his U-Turn, and stopped just short of recommending a public flogging.

If it wasn't for the fact I was transporting grass cuttings to the tip, I would've called in and asked her about what exactly persuaded her leave SKY to move to America to work for ESPN? Where was the Loyalty? May just do that now.
Do it,mate..

I've never jumped ship, but there have been times when I thought I needed to stop getting wound up by City results and tried to ignore them, and yet the very next game, you're back in the old routine. It's nigh on impossible to give up caring, even if you stop going to the match, you'll cheat yourself and have a quick check on the radio or phone etc.

It's probably an addiction in proper medical terms.

Players are discarded by clubs like used rags once they've outlived their usefulness: injury, loss of form, change of management. Moreover, they see their brothers-in-arms being treated likewise from an early age.

They know the score and its right they look after number one. One bad tackle and it's all over.

Loyalty is a 2 way thing.

If a player isn't good enough, the club gets rid.

If a player is too good, usually they want to move on.

The club is loyal to the club.
The player is loyal to the player.

Biggest farce in sports and fans seem to be disillusioned by it everyday/year and every year we are shown why loyalty in sports is a myth.....

There is no loyalty. Even fans jump ship so why shouldn't players.

One of our nephews has jumped ship six or seven times in his short 25 year lifetime - not once was he a City fan.

I would never even contemplate jumping ship from my beloved Manchester City. But I have to confess that while we lived in Melbourne in the 1990s I supported the Adelaide Crows in the AFL - just to get up the noses of the Victorians!

Yes but true supporters don't. So players shouldn't be so keen to do it either.

What utter nonsense.

Playing football to players is their career, its their job. They dont support the club they support their families.

In a cut-throat industry like football where careers can be cut due to an injury why should it be any other way. How many of us on here would say no if a bigger and better company offered us more money and more chances of being successful for doing the same job....not many so why should footballers be any different

Agree with the OP that loyalty is a myth, but his comparison of the Lampard and Gerrard situations comes across as a bit paranoid. By the time Lampard called time on his Premier League career he'd played for three different English teams. That's a pretty major difference between the two of them right there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.