LP sales overtake CDs

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
Thought that the throwback to vinyl records was a quirky, niche thing?
Think again. In the US, sales of vinyl overtook CDs for the first time since 1986… Also nostalgic was the choice in tunes - the top-selling LP last year was the Beatles’ Abbey Road. 50 years since it was made !

Think again. In the US, sales of vinyl overtook CDs for the first time since 1986… Also nostalgic was the choice in tunes - the top-selling LP last year was the Beatles’ Abbey Road. 50 years since it was made !

If that's true it is simply staggering

Both my lads buy vinyl on a regular basis now, whereas paradoxically, given that I fill the household role of ‘old fogey’, I download almost everything. I suspect if I were their ages however, I too would buy a lot of vinyl. Something tangible, the imagery of the cover, etc etc. Fucking expensive now though!

Both my lads buy vinyl on a regular basis now, whereas paradoxically, given that I fill the household role of ‘old fogey’, I download almost everything. I suspect if I were their ages however, I too would buy a lot of vinyl. Something tangible, the imagery of the cover, etc etc. Fucking expensive now though!
Is it expensive though? Allowing for inflation are they really more than they were in the 70's / 80's?

Can't beat the vinyl LP's, flicking through and selecting used to be one of life's great joys. But, like mostly everyone, mine went, in various ways, subsequent CD's went the same way. Looking back, if I had them now, some would be worth a good few bob.

Physical media is dead
Utter rubbish.

I have over 2000 vinyl, a couple of hundred cds, the same in cassette form and 4tb of hard drive space full of mp3s. In short a balanced collection.

Most new albums these days come in stream, dl or vinyl. It's all about choice.

If I'm relaxing I'll pop an album on, cooking will see Internet radio or something from the mp3 collection, friends round will see a play list or stream.

All things to all men.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.