LP sales overtake CDs

Yeah same here. I don't ever use it though. No point given ive got Spotify.
Yeah same. Nice gesture thou. Nowt beats having a 12” vinyl to look at and listen to. It’s a piece of fucking art. Can’t count the times I’ve gone into second hand stores just to buy the vinyl with the craziest/coolest album art and listened to it months later to discover that the record is top/and or complete shite.

Ps4 is the only thing owned in my household that can take a disc, no CD or dvd player, even our cars don't have CD player.

Plenty of cars have cd playesr still so there is still quite a market for them. I have seen old adverts for cars from the late 20's into the 30's when they had a record player in them lol - imagine how scratched your great granddads 78's would have got in his old Ford !!??

Must be hard for a lot of musicians to make a decent living these days. Physical sales are a fraction of what they were and current situation means alno touring. Illegal streaming also wont help.

Is that you Peter Drury...?

No, just the ramblings of a FOC.

Now I think it through, obviously the younger generation are paying for downloads, Spotify etc rather that cd's.

I wonder if this is the first time that the public has put the purchase of an abstract electrical file above an item that you can actually own and feel, if you know what I mean.

No, just the ramblings of a FOC.

Now I think it through, obviously the younger generation are paying for downloads, Spotify etc rather that cd's.

I wonder if this is the first time that the public has put the purchase of an abstract electrical file above an item that you can actually own and feel, if you know what I mean.

My two kids - 22 and 24 - have spent the last 5 years buying vinyl much to my amusement. Turns out now they got in on the ground floor on some classics that cost loads now. Oh and my vinyl is now spread about as are the singles that I acquired from my parents. I find it funny how history repeats - I found the music tastes and records of my parents naff and over the years I grew to appreciate them. For example both my kids disliked what I listened to 10 years ago now both have Rumours in just about every format I know of ( about 4 tbh )

I loved LP, cassettes and CDs in the day but I slowly got rid. They gather dust and never used. People say they're worth a lot these days but thinking how much I used to blow on music back in the day it would probably have evened itself out. Now I can listen to any song I want for a marginal fee.

Back in the day I used to blow 30 odd quid a week on Record singles and CD albums.

Is it expensive though? Allowing for inflation are they really more than they were in the 70's / 80's?
A huge cost in producing an album is spent on the actual recording of it.
Bands would take months recording, sometimes at expensive studios like Carabou high in the Rockies, or Monserrat in the Caribbean.
Being as many of these newly produced 'classic' albums have already been recorded years ago, yes, they are ripping you off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.