LP sales overtake CDs

A huge cost in producing an album is spent on the actual recording of it.
Bands would take months recording, sometimes at expensive studios like Carabou high in the Rockies, or Monserrat in the Caribbean.
Being as many of these newly produced 'classic' albums have already been recorded years ago, yes, they are ripping you off.
Haha - happy Mondays jaunt to Barbados is legendary although didn't produce a 'classic' album! I'd imagine the biggest cost associated with the reissued stuff is the printing of the sleeve and lack of economy of scale (small pressing runs)

We used to have a record when I was a kid that was a series of farts. Each one was introduced with its name and then a little sketch leading up to the fart. I remember it said The Bum Notes on the record (who also appear on the credits for the Bottom theme - not sure it's the same people) but I've never been able to find it anywhere. I thought someone might have uploaded it to Youtube.

My favourite was the Brown Corduroy.
Wasn't that by Terrance and Phillip?

I too still buy cd's. I enjoy looking through them, seeing one I haven't played in years. Playing it, reliving memories, usually while I'm cooking. Alexa can't jog my memory of albums I've forgot.

One thing I've been looking at recently is getting an early 80s ghetto blaster. Always wanted on as a kid with loads of buttons and lights on and I've always thought they looked cool

One thing I've wondered about is tapes. I always remember chrome and metal tapes costing quite a lot more back in the day. I wonder if they are still sound as good (or bad now)? Does anyone still bother with tapes??

One thing I've been looking at recently is getting an early 80s ghetto blaster. Always wanted on as a kid with loads of buttons and lights on and I've always thought they looked cool

One thing I've wondered about is tapes. I always remember chrome and metal tapes costing quite a lot more back in the day. I wonder if they are still sound as good (or bad now)? Does anyone still bother with tapes??

I chucked all my tapes out a few years ago but I always used TDK SA for recording.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.