LP sales overtake CDs

I chucked all my tapes out a few years ago but I always used TDK SA for recording.
What was the sound quality like? Was it ok?

The reason I'm interested is that LPs were not supposed to sound as good as CDs but there's a "warmer sound" to an LP to my ears :) I wonder if tape is the same

One thing I've been looking at recently is getting an early 80s ghetto blaster. Always wanted on as a kid with loads of buttons and lights on and I've always thought they looked cool

One thing I've wondered about is tapes. I always remember chrome and metal tapes costing quite a lot more back in the day. I wonder if they are still sound as good (or bad now)? Does anyone still bother with tapes??
A few bands now like The Slow Readers Club, sell limited amounts of tapes of their albums. I have all my old mix tapes plus a few others. Some are worth stupid money these days. I bought a tape deck last year for 20 quid, boxed. Works a treat. The sound is not as good as vinyl or CD but still acceptable.

The reason I'm interested is that LPs were not supposed to sound as good as CDs but there's a "warmer sound" to an LP to my ears :) I wonder if tape is the same

Tapes have made a come back. Not sure if that's an attempted too far to relive nostalgia given the quality but noticed certain artist have released albums on tape.

I bought in to Mini-Disc big time back in the day and has anybody any good tips on how to transfer Files from MD on to Mac/OS etc?

Tapes were always the best for a walkman even after those CD walkmans came out. I never understood those. Too big to fit in your pocket and the track would skip every time you bumped them.

They became very good after technology improved. I used to put mine in the pouch of my hooded top.

One of the reasons vinyl sounds warmer is because the master recording was done on tape,
before it was transferred onto vinyl.
Therefore of course if you buy a cassette tape it will sound warmer than a digitally recorded album.
Back in the early 80s I used to love cassettes I had a Nakamichi top of the range cassette deck and I always used TDK Chrome or metal cassettes for recording it was absolutely brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.