Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

I never really understand if people are sincere in saying “Oh I don’t carewhat City pay, doesn’t concern me.”
I don’t own any of the players, even as employees. I don’t own the stadium. Hell, I don’t even own the seat I sit in. It’s lent to me, temporarily, and I can be ejected from it. Temporarily. Or indeed permanently.
Not one penny we pay for player x,y or z comes directly out of my bank account. I’ve noticed that. Which is just as well, because four days ago my wallet was stolen by a pickpocket, they somehow had the number for my bank card, and they cleaned out what was left in my current account within eight minutes flat. Anyway, let that go, as being entirely beside the point.

I own it all. In my heart, I own it all. Everything that Manchester City Football Club decides, all aspects of its policies, concerns me. That includes — especially includes — transfer fees. I do not like to see my club being taken for a ride. It doesn’t happen often now, but it does occasionally. We’ve all got our idea of what the market is — we see players being bought, we see players being sold, every transfer window — we form a judgement which we believe to be approximately correct. Yes, I care very much what City pay out for a given player. I intensely dislike seeing my club being taken for what would be, in my judgement (right or wrong), a ride.
By the way, contrary to appearances, Pep is not God. He works within a structure, powerful as he is. He knows that. City is a business, working within constraints. He knows that too. I’m certain he does not just march to Khaldoon, to the sheik, or even to Txiki, and say “I need that player, get him at any price.” He’s got far too much respect for them, for the club, for that.
If the player seems to be available, and amenable to a move, and the other club is not completely hostile, that’s when the process of negotiations starts.
All these things are thunderingly obvious. But they seem to need repeating, sometimes.
Feel for you mate . Fucking hate thieves.

Sometime opportunities develop later , as Dias did. Does it matter if he’s a player we want now for whatever reasons. There was no injury so that wasn’t a spark.
I would suggest, but only a guess, Bernardo and Walker decisions becoming clearer crystallised how and what we wanted for the squad, and maybe deciding we wanted Bernardo and Foden as our main Mahrez replacements.

I fully agree, however I don’t deem this transfer to be one where the opportunity just developed AKA Dias. By all accounts it seems he would have been up for the move at any point and also West Ham would probably have been easier to deal with earlier in the window.

I take your point and I have wrote a post similar that this transfer window has been very messy, with a lot more situations unresolved then usual and taking time.

I have no doubt our execs have made the best decisions with the information they have available at the time and will continue to do so. Hindsight is always easy.

We’re spoilt that we are so well run that usually you can see we get our main targets identified early and get them and then we manage the out goings. I think this is the main reason we have such a good strike rate.

I don’t think we are disagreeing, I think we both accept it is the way it is.

West Ham's demands are more than logical since they are about to lose a massive amount of quality after Rice and this lad leaving.

City's pockets are, as many of our "rivals" like to outline quite deep.

City needs to win again, to continue the consolidation of our legacy, and the hard work that has been put in.

As a fan, you should want new players, new hunger, and new victories.

Even if we spend 400 million this summer, which is possible with Paqueta, Doku, and maybe someone else, it's still normal, given that the market has gone crazy.

Stop bloody moaning, be excited, be grateful.

You know, we’re only talking about what we would go to, and what we would walk away from , if we were the board. It’s a pleasant hypothetical game to play on a fan forum.
Take a quick look on KUMB. I looked earlier today to see how this is going down. Many of them see this guy every single week, every game, the whole game, not just highlights. Some of their posters are claiming he’s worth every penny of £85 million. Others (not many) are puffing out their chests and saying anything under £100 million and they’d be robbing themselves. Others are politely calling them out on it and saying they’re a bit touched in the head.
Quite a few are resigned to seeing him go, although there’s a certain bitterness about “the big boys putting West Ham back in their box, after the Europa Conference League win”. I quote.
It‘s always interesting to see the other feller’s point of view. (Unless it’s RAWK — no, I definitely draw the line at RAWK).

You are effectively saying all transfers are the same and therefore a single model exists to complete every deal. OK

No, I’m saying we have an established pattern that has served us very well. You look at our transfers and most have proved value for money (which is hard to do, no one gets it right all the time and each transfer carries an element of risk).

This transfer seems a long way from that.

This in no way means it will be a bad move or that we will overpay.

However I believe it increases the likelihood of that.

I also don’t think it is bad management by the club, it is what it is.

But the figures talk seems a lot for someone I have not heard any City fan prior to being linked saying, I think this guy will be a good fit.

However, we are run well and I trust the people who make these decisions to know a lot more then me.

But I am entitled to my opinion and I do feel I am correct in what I am saying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.