Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Just to clarify a point: some poster made a comparison with Douglas Luiz. They are not players with the same status. Lucas Paquetá is in the standby list of the nt and if some midfielder is injured he would play in the world cup.

Read the dippers are interested as a alternative to Fekir
Make no sense. Paqueta is more defensive. I doubt he can be a top scorer like Fekir. He can play in a midfield 2 or 3, but is not someone who will score a lot of goals. He can help to build the game much more though. They played him as 9 sometimes, but he is 100% midfielder now.

My guess is that Spurs is the other team interested since it looks like Dembele is heading to Inter or possibly Napoli.

This kid has the right skillset for a Pep pivot:
- very tight technique and outstanding footwork, a-la Busi/Weigl/Pogba
- very precise passer
- prefers to evade the press by safe passing/footwork rather than movement
- can turn with the ball under pressure very quickly and make forward passes almost immediately
- tries to make fake moves to turn opposing players in a wrong way (probs one of the most important abilities for a pivot)
- leftie, but passes from both feet and can cover all angles comfortably

Looks a bit raw, his ability to make penetrating passes isn't that impressive. But all the ingridients are there, the question is how high is his ceiling. Turns only 21 this month, so plenty of room to grow.

I would say he's a smaller and more mobile version of Julian Weigl. Can play as 8 and is a good dribbler, but looks more convincing in deeper areas.

There were numerous reports before the WC that City are scouting him. Could become an option during the winter transfer window, after the Brazilian league ends.
https://pvc.blogosfera.uol.com.br/2...nglaterra-flamengo-quer-paqueta-ate-dezembro/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.