Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

The ginga is strong in this one, so I’m not sure he would fit in the league.

He draws a lot of fouls though so if we do get him, we better refine our set plays and get a reliable designated penalty taker.
I'm quite sure Mike Riley would issue revised instructions to his merry men that he's a serial diver and deal with him accordingly.

Last edited:
Who says he won’t and how do you even go straight into this squad at this point? We’re borderline world class at every single position. Would you have paid 40m for GJ or Mbappe before they blew up? If we pull the trigger then I’m sure we trust his quality. Luiz is a 6 and this kid an 8/10 type.

You literally can't go straight into the squad at the moment because there's no space. And even if there was a space available, he's a 20 year old just arrived in Europe who's supposed to compete with KDB, Silva, Gundogan, Foden & Bernardo Silva for game time? That's not a good career move, and not at all comparable to Gabriel Jesus who arrived as Brazil's #9 and had just Aguero and Iheanacho to compete with.

The price is too high for him to be a Douglas Luiz style buy & loan, and there's just no room for him in the squad.

You literally can't go straight into the squad at the moment because there's no space. And even if there was a space available, he's a 20 year old just arrived in Europe who's supposed to compete with KDB, Silva, Gundogan, Foden & Bernardo Silva for game time? That's not a good career move, and not at all comparable to Gabriel Jesus who arrived as Brazil's #9 and had just Aguero and Iheanacho to compete with.

The price is too high for him to be a Douglas Luiz style buy & loan, and there's just no room for him in the squad.

He’d stay on loan at Flamengo similar to what we did with Jesus as he’s got that same mentality of wanting to win before he leaves. Dave’s got two years left and I’m not sure if Bernardo will play centrally but yes I’ve thought about the 5 slots last night. KDB/Silva and Gundogan/him then it hit me that we still have the bright young Foden so it would be a pinch if it even happens. Initially I thought he’d be a replacement for Oz.

As far as Mbappe + Jesus I was speaking more in terms of paying crazy amounts for players with incredible talent before being ‘proven’ in Europe.

Just so we’re clear I don’t even know much about him but a poster that I really respect watches all the flamengo games and believes in his talent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.