Lucas Paqueta

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by TRUE BLUE NO1, 11 Jun 2018.

1. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Wtf are you all going on about ?

He's 20 years old, so we don't actually have to 'make room' for him, unless we decide to play him in the Champions League.

He would be eligible for domestic football.

2. leonardolfonseca

leonardolfonseca

I'm Brazilian and I live in Rio de Janeiro. His name is Lucas Paqueta and he plays in Flamengo club. For those who do not know, Flamengo is a club of the Rio de Janeiro state. I'm Vasco da Gama's fan (Flamengo's archrival) and I saw some games in this season. Lucas Paqueta is a great player and with very talent, very strong, but I do not think so cost £ 40 mi and (this moment) helps City. He plays in center offensive midfield or "9 false" (same Messi in Barcelona). I never seen playing box-to-box midfield or your defense's power. Jesus, with 18 years old, was the best striker Brazil and 9 National Team in 2016 and has cost £ 27 mi ... IMO, Paqueta (20 years old, 21 in 2018 August) is not better Foden (18).

3. leonardolfonseca

leonardolfonseca

For example, Douglas Luiz (20 years old, signed with £ 11 mi) played very well in Brazillian League but so not addapted to Europe level. For me, Arthur, 21 years old (Gremio team) is best than both. Excelent Box-to-box midfield. Champion's continental competition (2017) with as one of the best players (with Luan).
    https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/barca-confia-6796698

4. BringBackSwales

BringBackSwales

Thanks pal, nice to get balanced views from supporters of other teams

5. JimmyNJ

JimmyNJ

You can't use the goalkeeper position as an example. There is only 1 on the field at a time.

KDB - hopefully never leaving
    Silva - his age is a factor now, Pep has already said his playing time will decrease this year
    Gundo - has been good, not great, and still injury prone
    Foden - 17 years old. We can't say for sure he is going to be a first team player at this time. he looks very promising though
    Bernardo - has been playing on the outside, I think Pep likes him there, there is nothing to show he will be moved inside permanently

I'm not including DM/CM in this list. So we have 4 attacking midfielders. 1 is 32 years old, one is 17 years old and one we are not 100% sold on and injury prone.

How would we NOT be pursuing a young, talented attacking midfielder?

6. Delphinho

Delphinho

Since he is 20, he would be on the U21 list and not the 25 man list. Could have him in the squad until January and then, eventually loan him to Girona.

7. kun

kun

As you say, for the Champions League squad we will. We will want him in the side. It would make sense to let Bravo go and first choice somewhere at the end of his career and use either Gunn or Muric as our second choice.

Also, if Zinchenko stays he will be an over 21 foreign player next season.

Last edited: 13 Jun 2018
  8. Sleeping_Easy

Sleeping_Easy

There's no way they'll buy a player for £40m and then loan him out

9. Delphinho

Delphinho

If he`s a great talent but needs more playing time, why not?

10. Kompany is King

Kompany is King

Welcome.
    Good to have informed info.