Luck to win the Champions League

As for luck, you make your own but it definitely plays a part in cup competitions, the best teams always win the league but not always the cups.

You do need the rub of the green to win anything. I always think back to how Dzeko's equaliser in May 2012 bounces straight into Aguero's hands so we can run back to the centre and make history. A tiny thing but so important. But the real test of greatness is how you react when things aren't going your way. Keep battering at the doors long enough, they'll cave in. We just have to keep going.

One think to add, seriously who feel the same as me, since Pep came, you always feel when we are one goal down, thereis a hight probability we will lose, it is like a film script, you have nothing more to expect other than a loss, it happened in many games, and nothig special to expect.
Every time city play, there is a feeling, that the team should score 4 goals before 15min in order yo be able to control the game and annihilate opposition sprit.

What happened yesterday is a big shock but when you analyse the season carefully, you get that the team is not perfect and a deja vu feeling, i was thinking about Monaco game even beforr yesterday, i kept hearing Madrid players we are confident we will do it etc, at the end the luck was with the teamwho expressed the desire to go to the final.

Laporte is a weak link in the important games, or maybe he just needs another tactical set up to deliver

As for Guardiola, he should bring new fresh ideas and set up, the players actslike robots some times, how many times you feel they can't shoot ormove the ball quickly, they keep passing and passing until the find the net empty to enter with the ball.

Otherwise, yes luck is important.

You do need the rub of the green to win anything. I always think back to how Dzeko's equaliser in May 2012 bounces straight into Aguero's hands so we can run back to the centre and make history. A tiny thing but so important. But the real test of greatness is how you react when things aren't going your way. Keep battering at the doors long enough, they'll cave in. We just have to keep going.
Spot on, as I mentioned look at all the city games with Guardiola, it is rare to find a win after coming from behind. Without a first goal, it is almost impossible to come back... Something is not right.

There’s no such thing as “luck”. Luck is a fiction of the human imagination.

Luck is what the superstitious or weak minded blame for something in hindsight when they don’t understand or can’t admit that it’s their own fault or that someone else is just better.

Everything happens by the coincidence of preparation meeting opportunity, or lack of preparation or mistakes meaning you miss an opportunity.

There’s also no such things as “meant to be”.

Monaco began with poor recruitment in preparation for Pep coming and poor defending on the night.
Liverpool came during a period where we fucking shat ourselves every time we went to Anfield because of a weak mentality.
Spurs away was down to leaving out Kompany and deBruyne in the away leg.
Lyon was down to playing 5-2-3 and being swamped in midfield.
Chelsea was down to a collective weak mentality.
Last night was down to not playing out the end of the game smartly enough.

In all of those games we missed a lot of chances as well. And that’s been a hindrance to us even when we had a record breaking strikeforce.
This really is not true in football. It is not a precise science, there are 2 teams with officials too plus there is human error.
Luck is obviously not everything but it clearly plays a part as does preparation, concentration and everything else.
You are massively confusing one off cup games with a league. In a league, by and large luck is not a determining factor because of so many games and so many variations.
In cup games, luck can play a massive part. If you can’t see or understand that then football might not be the game for you.
We played well, better than the opposition but we lost yesterday to a 1 in 100 chance. There are so many examples of games where luck played a huge part. For example, Gillingham at Wembley - most observers were surprised Halsey signalled 5 mins injury time. We were lucky he didn’t signal 4. And conversely Gillingham were unlucky

If you're looking for luck then look at Madrid.

They've done the same to us, PSG and Chelsea.

I'd say their name is on the Cup.
Not so sure about that, the dippers will show them how to deal with these overachievers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.