Luck to win the Champions League

There’s no such thing as “luck”. Luck is a fiction of the human imagination.

Luck is what the superstitious or weak minded blame for something in hindsight when they don’t understand or can’t admit that it’s their own fault or that someone else is just better.

Everything happens by the coincidence of preparation meeting opportunity, or lack of preparation or mistakes meaning you miss an opportunity.

There’s also no such things as “meant to be”.

Monaco began with poor recruitment in preparation for Pep coming and poor defending on the night.
Liverpool came during a period where we fucking shat ourselves every time we went to Anfield because of a weak mentality.
Spurs away was down to leaving out Kompany and deBruyne in the away leg.
Lyon was down to playing 5-2-3 and being swamped in midfield.
Chelsea was down to a collective weak mentality.
Last night was down to not playing out the end of the game smartly enough.

In all of those games we missed a lot of chances as well. And that’s been a hindrance to us even when we had a record breaking strikeforce.
Call it whatever but if we were to draw inter, Benfica and Villarreal in the K.O. stages we would have been lucky if we'd been 2 nil down with a minute of normal time left and won we would have been lucky.
Luck plays a big part in cup competitions, if we are to win the league then luck won't be involved we'll have deserved it.

Last season was the best chance of winning the competition. We blew it and that still haunts me. Last night was a bitter pill to swallow but nowhere nearly as bad as last seasons final.

We're at the top table, almost in the carver chair. What's not to enjoy and it will come in time. Give credit to Madrid and I reckon they are more shocked than us. That's life but what a great life.

It’s luck who you draw, in part. In-game luck is like any competition. Either of the rebounds in both legs fall to Foden different to how they did, the ball is in the net. Bad luck those occasions meant it didn’t. Small margins.
After that’s mentality. We’re getting there, but it needs work. Madrid knew they’d get there. As soon as that first goal went in, it was written what would happen.

If we keep up with what we’ve done to get where we are now, soon we’ll be absolute mentality monsters in this competition.

It was shit last night, but it’s a fucking pleasure being in this competition as genuine competitors, and regular favourites.

Maybe not luck but we're certainly not very good at European style football.
Has a team won the Champions League in the last 20 years that hasn't dived, cheated and whinged their way to winning it? Maybe Pep's Barcelona and those great Bayern Munich teams but everyone else knows how to ride that line that allows them to kick lumps out of the opposition without getting a card and how to initiate contact in a good area for a free kick, you only have to look at how Real closed the game out last night compared to the way we did.
We're really not very good at the 'gamesmanship' side of things and in Europe, and in particular the Champions League, you have to be very good cheats as well as a very good team to win it and the closest we've come to that is when we played Atletico.
It's no coincidence that the best English team in Europe is Liverpool are also the biggest cheats in the league.

Luck definitely plays a big part especially in the champs league, look at the rags in 99, outplayed by bayern all game then nick it at the death like Real did, does that really prove they were the best in Europe? Not in my opinion no, the only format that would truly prove the best team would be a league format, like a european super league, whoever would dream up that idea eh ...............

Maybe not luck but we're certainly not very good at European style football.
Has a team won the Champions League in the last 20 years that hasn't dived, cheated and whinged their way to winning it? Maybe Pep's Barcelona and those great Bayern Munich teams but everyone else knows how to ride that line that allows them to kick lumps out of the opposition without getting a card and how to initiate contact in a good area for a free kick, you only have to look at how Real closed the game out last night compared to the way we did.
We're really not very good at the 'gamesmanship' side of things and in Europe, and in particular the Champions League, you have to be very good cheats as well as a very good team to win it and the closest we've come to that is when we played Atletico.
It's no coincidence that the best English team in Europe is Liverpool are also the biggest cheats in the league.
Nothing of what you are saying here didn't happen last night. RM won it fair and square, the ref had a few questionable decisions with Casemiro in the first half, but they affected in no way our performance or the result. We just waited for that opportunity to self destruct and RM just pressed the button.

Nothing of what you are saying here didn't happen last night. RM won it fair and square, the ref had a few questionable decisions with Casemiro in the first half, but they affected in no way our performance or the result. We just waited for that opportunity to self destruct and RM just pressed the button.
You're saying had he rightly been sent off in the 1st half, that wouldn't have affected the outcome? Playing against us for most of the game a man down wouldn't have affected the game?

One think to add, seriously who feel the same as me, since Pep came, you always feel when we are one goal down, thereis a hight probability we will lose, it is like a film script, you have nothing more to expect other than a loss, it happened in many games, and nothig special to expect.
Every time city play, there is a feeling, that the team should score 4 goals before 15min in order yo be able to control the game and annihilate opposition sprit.

What happened yesterday is a big shock but when you analyse the season carefully, you get that the team is not perfect and a deja vu feeling, i was thinking about Monaco game even beforr yesterday, i kept hearing Madrid players we are confident we will do it etc, at the end the luck was with the teamwho expressed the desire to go to the final.

Laporte is a weak link in the important games, or maybe he just needs another tactical set up to deliver

As for Guardiola, he should bring new fresh ideas and set up, the players actslike robots some times, how many times you feel they can't shoot ormove the ball quickly, they keep passing and passing until the find the net empty to enter with the ball.

Otherwise, yes luck is important.
I get what you’re saying and I also feel that at times. Having said that Pep is a genius with some flaws, one of which is his stubbornness.
I feel like you because so often the opposition score with their first effort on target so there is always the worry that will happen.
Secondly because on occasion we don’t kill teams off early enough, one can get that feeling. We hardly ever lose in the UK from a goal up but until we get the second I feel nervous.
Pep likes intelligent players but I take your point about being robotic at times. The obvious examples are receiving in midfield with no one marking you yet the ball goes back the way it comes. This often happens during games and whilst we often break the midfield lines we could do it more.
The other thing is we are pretty poor st coming back from a goal down so again I feel that element of fear,
Having said all that we are a brilliant team and have been for years

so the two very clear yellow cards casemiro should of got didnt affect anything ?, he should of been off the pitch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.