Luka Jovic (signed for Real)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Sergio and Jesus it looks unlikely that we’ll buy a striker in the summer

Pure striker or can he play wide too?

Haven't seen him.
Very powerful pure 9. Not sure that he's a future top player, but could be worth a punt for the right price.

If Pep is going to stick with his current idea of wingplay, using crosses as a main attacking tool, we probably need someone like Jovic in the box.

Last edited:
As others mentioned already we do have the option to buy him cheap and the option/clause will be activated. Doubt we will sell him for less than 50 Million Euro.

He is a a raw diamond and has everything you would expect from a modern forward. He got speed, can beat a defender 1:1, set up his teammates, scored some wonder goals for us already and delivers in the big games at a very young age. If he doesnt pick up any injuries he will only get better.

However he only started to blossom once he got regular playtime under a coach who completely trusts him. Not sure if he will get the regular playtime at City that he will require to improve even further.

He comes across very mature for his age and he seems to enjoy Frankfurt a lot at the moment, so he might even stay another year if we manage to qualify for Europe again. For his personal development I think that would be a wise step, but we all know what happens when the big clubs are knocking at a young player’s door.

Maybe City could buy him for a shit load of money and loan him right back to us for another year. Thats something I could definitely live wih.

Even after watching the YouTube highlights i’m not overly impressed with him where a lot of his goals seem to derive from some poor defending & lots of space to work with in a German league where even an 18year old Sancho is banging them in.

If he stays fit Jesus looks more accomplished for the Premier League than Jovic at this moment in time.

For someone with 22 goals and 7 assists in all comps at the age of 21, that price doesn’t seem bad at all

As others mentioned already we do have the option to buy him cheap and the option/clause will be activated. Doubt we will sell him for less than 50 Million Euro.

He is a a raw diamond and has everything you would expect from a modern forward. He got speed, can beat a defender 1:1, set up his teammates, scored some wonder goals for us already and delivers in the big games at a very young age. If he doesnt pick up any injuries he will only get better.

However he only started to blossom once he got regular playtime under a coach who completely trusts him. Not sure if he will get the regular playtime at City that he will require to improve even further.

He comes across very mature for his age and he seems to enjoy Frankfurt a lot at the moment, so he might even stay another year if we manage to qualify for Europe again. For his personal development I think that would be a wise step, but we all know what happens when the big clubs are knocking at a young player’s door.

Maybe City could buy him for a shit load of money and loan him right back to us for another year. Thats something I could definitely live wih.

Thanks for the update. The buy and loan back may be an option - particularly if we can’t register him - due to a FIFA sanction. As you say he would get limited game time at City just now and that’s the last thing his career needs.

Just don't see where he fits, Aguero doesn't look to be slowing down and we are struggling to play Jesus enough as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.