Lukas Nmecha and Patrick Roberts loaned to Middlesbrough

Roberts started today and got 69 minutes, and Nmecha got on for the last 15 minutes, drew with a pretty strong spurs.
By all accounts the fans were impressed with what they saw. I hope this is what he needed. Think him and his entourage believed the Scottish league was on a par with the prem and he was gonna breeze it. A knock back down to reality might give him the kick in the arse he needed. The talent is definitely there, it's the commitment, drive and passion that was missing. Anyway good luck to him and I hope he finds what he needs to get to a decent level.

Someone I know is related to Ashley Fletcher, Boro striker, and he says the team are chuffed to have these 2 onboard. Hope they do well.

Same here. I recall @Magicpole rating Roberts higher than a pallet of deep-fried Mars bars.

I do. And I haven't given up hope of him returning. We offered to buy him for £8-9m but Pep didn't want to sell. I think his contract is up in the summer so don't be surprised if we go back in for him. I hope we do. He's lost his way but is still a pup. A great player.

Only saw the highlights admittedly, but Roberts appeared to be in the thick of the action on Saturday and was brought down for Boro's penalty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.