Lukas Nmecha - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched it and he came off after 65 mins, just as Stoke were ramping up the pressure after bringing it back to 2-2.

He did OK and held his own, with a few nice layoffs and touches, but overall he got very little out of Shawcross and Ashley Williams.

His decision making will improve with more first team football and he could've done better with a free header after 2-3 mins. On occasion he dwelt on the ball a little bit too long and needed to move it quicker.

Hopefully he'll get another start in their next game. Preston are a decent side and this year could me the making of him if he can hold down his position and get a few goals.

....and now I like PNE fans a lot less.
Apparently, it didn't start well for him there. Some posters are even suggesting that PNE's headcoach plays Nmecha because of some secret agreement between ManCity and PNE (lol!):

"Hasn't started well for Nmecha and maybe he needs to come off the bench for a while and be an impact player. Can't be doing his confidence any good. Strange how AN usually beds his new players in and gives them time to adapt to his way, yet this 19 year old raw kid is thrown straight in. If City say he has to play, why isn't Barker getting a sniff. That's another strange thing why he isn't getting a chance"

"Based on the way he has played so far Nmecha does not deserve to start. He needs a run of sub appearances against tiring opposition to get him up to speed. Frankly Moult is playing much more effectively and in a single striker formation should be the one chosen. Even if we want to use two strikers - which should certainly be a tactical option if we want to change a game - then Robinson should be one of the two."

"Initially after seeing the conspiracy theorists put up that AN has to play Nmecha in league games as part of the deal from City ( maybe the likes of Leeds wouldn't do that ) ,I thought it was bollox and that he'd never agree to it. Maybe though he felt backed into a corner after Maguires injury or Ridsdale has pressed for it. It makes no sense why AN would persist playing Nmecha ,and goes against what he normally does with young players. Beginning to think the conspiracy theorists are right. If this is true it's going to create some bad blood in the team as other players who are better will see it as unfair."

More positive ones:

"ffs Give the lad a chance .... he's used to getting a quality service not the likes of Robinson's skewed passes!"

"The lad looks a yard off the pace at the moment but christ he got no service tonight whatsoever."

"He has shown an ability bring others into play and last night had a couple of attempts at goal - that overhead kick in the first half and the header from a narrow angle in the second."

"And Nmecha created himself a chance with a smart turn and decent shot that was parried right into Fishers path. Nmecha has got a lot more about him, imo."

I had to miss the game today as my son was taking pens on the pitch at half time at Deepdale. The only bonus was I got to see 40 minutes or so of Nmecha. My verdict is he will learn fuck all in a team like that. Preston are really going to struggle this season and are a side that create very little. He had the odd nice touch but on the whole his involvement is fighting for scraps and trying to get his head on long balls and I imagine to Preston fans looked bang average. The ones I know who go regularly have all said the same thing, does the odd nice thing but overall done nothing.

I know it was only one game, but I’m not sure a struggling championship side who play poor football and create so little will really benefit him.

Played 90 minutes today, and according to Preston fans on twitter he played really really well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.