Lukas Nmecha - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Neil wants to resign him on loan for another season, and the club think he'd like to return.

It took him a long time, as it often does, to adjust to senior football. His game was over complicated, too many flicks and step overs etc. He needed to simplify his game and he has done. He's had a handful of games this season when he's totally bullied opposition defences. He's now starting to add goals and assists. There was also some talk that it took him a while to settle into a different dressing room and culture, but he is now settled in and well liked by the other players.

He's now consistently playing well for us, either on the right or up top, and I think it would benefit him to have another season with us at Championship level. He's still very young and I think after putting in the hard work to develop him this season, the club would like to reap the benefits of that by having him for another season.
Awesome,i have heard exactly the same in regards his development.I hope the deal happens,it would definitely be of mutual benefit.

After a tough start to his time on loan,the kid has proved that he is made of the right stuff.Ultimately the PNE fans want him back next season which is as huge a compliment to his efforts the lad can get......Well done Lucas!

""

Glad to see that he's like by PNE fans and nothing against them, but I'm not a fan of people returning for a year at the same club or level. Wonder if we could farm him out to a German club.

Glad to see that he's like by PNE fans and nothing against them, but I'm not a fan of people returning for a year at the same club or level. Wonder if we could farm him out to a German club.

Going back to a loan club is essentially a backwards step. If one of the lower PL teams don't want him, then he should be looking for a Championship side who are looking to get promoted.

Going back to a loan club is essentially a backwards step. If one of the lower PL teams don't want him, then he should be looking for a Championship side who are looking to get promoted.

Agree that returning would be a retrograde decision, but I don't think he's done enough to warrant a move to the lower end of the PL or top end of the Championship. Whilst those Twitter comments are nice, I recently read the thread on him in the PNE forum, and for them he evidently has much work to do. Maybe the Bundesliga or possibly even Twente (Ünal did well there).

The word is now that he won't be coming back, despite our manager being open to it. Sounds like it's been decided that he'll spend next season somewhere else. Our local paper say there's interest from clubs in Germany and Scotland (surely could only be to an old firm team if he goes up there).

I think another year at Preston would be a good option. Lukas got 38 appearances last season although quite a few as a sub. He would likely start most games for PNE next season and be playing at a decent level. Better option than Scotland or bench warming in Germany. How much say do players get in where they go on loan?

Season loan to Wolfsburg apparently.

Fantastic opportunity for the kid.I'm still undecided at his quality,this move will definitely help with that.

Season loan to Wolfsburg apparently.

Fantastic opportunity for the kid.I'm still undecided at his quality,this move will definitely help with that.

It’s certainly a step up from North End and I hope Lucas has a very successful season there.

And it would be great if he comes back and does as well as the last two former Wolfsburg players at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.