Luke Bolton - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, Wycombe fan here (I'll spare you in "in peace" bit, as if we could be rivals!). Absolutely chuffed that your club is trusting us with this lad - he sounds like one of that rare breed...a youth player that may make the starting eleven eventually. According to our manager, there were some bigger teams interested and it did not come down to money, so I have to respect that it sounds like Man City were looking for the best landing spot, irrespective. We have no money, being fan owned (for now), and it is a huge coup for us to have a Man City player come on board.

On our side, we are increasingly known for developing young talent. Gareth Ainsworth is a positive, encouraging manager, and our team has a tremendous unity over the past couple of years, getting promoted last season and punching above our weight in League One. We usually have three or so loanees per half season, and they usually all see significant time, and I would expect to see Bolton get a lot of minutes. I am hoping it is a win-win, in that he helps keep us in League One, while we repay the faith by developing him. We have a lot of older players in the team who should be good for an arm round the shoulder, so to speak.

Either way, the thought of maybe someday seeing him on telly for Man City having seen him for half a season in the blue quarters is quite amazing. All the best to you and your club. You do seem to do things the right way!

Hey all, Wycombe fan here (I'll spare you in "in peace" bit, as if we could be rivals!). Absolutely chuffed that your club is trusting us with this lad - he sounds like one of that rare breed...a youth player that may make the starting eleven eventually. According to our manager, there were some bigger teams interested and it did not come down to money, so I have to respect that it sounds like Man City were looking for the best landing spot, irrespective. We have no money, being fan owned (for now), and it is a huge coup for us to have a Man City player come on board.

On our side, we are increasingly known for developing young talent. Gareth Ainsworth is a positive, encouraging manager, and our team has a tremendous unity over the past couple of years, getting promoted last season and punching above our weight in League One. We usually have three or so loanees per half season, and they usually all see significant time, and I would expect to see Bolton get a lot of minutes. I am hoping it is a win-win, in that he helps keep us in League One, while we repay the faith by developing him. We have a lot of older players in the team who should be good for an arm round the shoulder, so to speak.

Either way, the thought of maybe someday seeing him on telly for Man City having seen him for half a season in the blue quarters is quite amazing. All the best to you and your club. You do seem to do things the right way!

Cheers for the positive post. Hope he does well for you. He will if he can settle, he's a good footballer & quick.

I remember your lot beating us at Maine Rd.

Sean Devine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.