Luke Bolton - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won`t happen, but I think he should start tomorrow. Danilo`s injured and Walker badly needs a rest. Bolton was probably the second best player in the preseason for us, and slotted in very nicely on the right side of the defence
Edit: Walker was not at training today

I don't think we can judge a player on a pre-season game, he did look great but it's a different prospect in a full blooded PL game with everything on the line. It's probably too soon for him, needs to be eased in at the end of games first if we plan on giving him a chance. It's a bit harsh to use the sink or swim tactic, there has to be a reason managers rarely do that with youth players.

I don't think we can judge a player on a pre-season game, he did look great but it's a different prospect in a full blooded PL game with everything on the line. It's probably too soon for him, needs to be eased in at the end of games first if we plan on giving him a chance. It's a bit harsh to use the sink or swim tactic, there has to be a reason managers rarely do that with youth players.
It`s a CL game where we only need a draw to top the group (we`re already qualified) and he will be surrounded by better players than in the summer. Don`t know if he`s good enough or not before you actually play him in a game that matters

It`s a CL game where we only need a draw to top the group (we`re already qualified) and he will be surrounded by better players than in the summer. Don`t know if he`s good enough or not before you actually play him in a game that matters
Sorry you're right CL game I was thinking of the next league game for some reason. I suppose it depends on how confident the player is doesn't it? Some players need their confidence built up, some too confident for their own good thinking it will be easy, others are confident but respect that it will be tough and want to prove they can handle it.

Shame Luke has has a few injuries which has put in back a little compared to his peers. He is 19 now though and needs to play first team football somewhere. He should go on loan to a Championship team.

Won`t happen, but I think he should start tomorrow. Danilo`s injured and Walker badly needs a rest. Bolton was probably the second best player in the preseason for us, and slotted in very nicely on the right side of the defence
Edit: Walker was not at training today
Scott Sinclair was our best player one pre-season and we were all very excited by Iheanacho from one game in America a few years ago. Both of them were about as average as it gets in reality away from pre-season exhibition games.

Scott Sinclair was our best player one pre-season and we were all very excited by Iheanacho from one game in America a few years ago. Both of them were about as average as it gets in reality away from pre-season exhibition games.
Sinclair and Iheanacho has absolutely nothing to do with Luke Bolton

Sinclair and Iheanacho has absolutely nothing to do with Luke Bolton
My point doesn’t have much to do with either of them neither, but my point does have something to do with your point about him being the second best player in pre-season. Because the experience of seeing Sinclair and Iheanacho do well in pre-season shows pre-season shouldn’t give us a judgement on a player.

Bit harsh on Iheanacho. He wasn't ultimately good enough to lead the line for us, but he scored a fairly decent number of goals for a kid before he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.