Luton away fan ban 80's

Went to those league games and the cup game midweek. Was meant to be playing for Newport reserves that night but went awol to watch City. I think we were given tickets for the league cup as it was in those days but not any for the league games although the locals were happy to buy tickets and pass them on. Think the ban lasted for three or four years.

Remember fighting on pitch last game of season 1974 ish. Also in 80s league cup 2nd replay at the swamp

Got tickets in home end for this, sat in top corner to right of most recent away end and opposite the double glazing showroom stand. Few City dotted around and bits of banter but nothing serious. Whereas after the night match we waited to leave after the rush as I was a kid and as we ambled out the had kept the home fans in. This was in the opposite end to the current away end and as I looked to the right coming out it was like an Indiana Jones scene as police were holding together the gates which were under siege from 'mad hatters'. I remembered a copper shouting at us 'we can't hold it much longer' and we were on our heels. We were virtually the last blues out the end and it was the time when they parked coaches/mini buses along a disused railway line/wasteland I think?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.