Lyme disease

kippaxwarrior

Team supported
City of course!!
Been diagnosed with it this morning off a bloody tick bite last week. Not been feeling well last few days and had to go to A&E this morning. On a course of antibiotics for a minimum 3 weeks

Anyone else had this? Dr said its been caught early so I should be fine but I made the mistake of going on the internet and looking at some of the horror stories about this

Good news im now off work for 3 weeks!

Always a problem if you are out walking in fields where animals graze. You can get a removal tool like this, we have them in our work first aid kits...

Lifesystems Tick Remover Card

Worth having one in your own first aid kit. Still need to get checked out though as Lyme disease is bad shit and can be fatal for those with underlying health conditions.

Good to hear you got it sorted.

Nasty little bastards mate. Did it go far enough for you to get the bullseye spot? I know the medication can play your guts up and don't try to overdo anything for a bit.

Nasty little bastards mate. Did it go far enough for you to get the bullseye spot? I know the medication can play your guts up and don't try to overdo anything for a bit.
Yeah ive got the bullseye. Its actually a lot better than what it was on Sunday and its fading quite a lot. The Dr said that was my body fighting it but I have to take the antibiotics to flush the bacteria out. It was my boss in work who sent me to a&e today as Im going to my GP tomorrow

Been diagnosed with it this morning off a bloody tick bite last week. Not been feeling well last few days and had to go to A&E this morning. On a course of antibiotics for a minimum 3 weeks

Anyone else had this? Dr said its been caught early so I should be fine but I made the mistake of going on the internet and looking at some of the horror stories about this

Good news im now off work for 3 weeks!
Best of luck with it mate, from previous posts it sounds like you're improving but it can affect your joints years after so look at your diet for that, lots of oily fish etc. Not a nice disease, crippled one of my dogs when they got a tick bite and I didn't act on it soon enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.