Lyme disease

…which of course doesn’t mean it wasn’t around before then but simply the diagnostic blood test wasn’t around before 1976.

Whilst we’re at it, you said the bullseye rash only happens half the time, WHO says 70-80% of the time.

It’s a strange point to make, without expanding on it. Surely he wasn't saying that, but it did remind me of this:

In 1998, [Bruno] Latour rejected as anachronistic the recent discovery that the pharaoh Ramses II had died of tuberculosis, asserting that the tubercle bacillus was discovered only in 1882 and could not properly be said to have existed before then.

Nobody knows if it existed in medieval times.

It’s more likely that it existed than it didn't. And there is evidence that suggests that it did.

Fortunate to have not had this myself, but had the test on doctor's advice a few years ago after developing a bullseye on shin (most likely a spider bite).

I wasn't ever really concerned it would be lyme disease because I was sure the bite happened when I was in bed.

They take two vials of blood for the test and you have a different type of antibiotics if you test positive for lyme disease.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.