Lyme disease

And even then if you don’t have the rash, which does not happen in at least 50% of cases, they won’t test you because the blood test is expensive.

Got bitten about 10 years ago. Still got a 6mm bit scar on my calf.

Got bitten walking through long grass when I was camping in Cornwall. I'd been to the pub so I didn't notice anything when I got back.

When I woke up the following morning I had an itch on my leg. When I scratched it I pulled the tick out, luckily in one piece. The bastard was full of my blood.

I have heard that Lyme disease can lie dormant in the body for years, so I'm waiting to keel over at some point.

Been diagnosed with it this morning off a bloody tick bite last week. Not been feeling well last few days and had to go to A&E this morning. On a course of antibiotics for a minimum 3 weeks

Anyone else had this? Dr said its been caught early so I should be fine but I made the mistake of going on the internet and looking at some of the horror stories about this

Good news im now off work for 3 weeks!

Got the bull's eye on my wrist about 20 years back when I was working in the US. Didn't take much notice, but a Chinese technician I was working with had been trained in dermatology in China and told me it was Lyme Disease. Even then, the stories on the web were pretty depressing. Anyhow, I went to the hospital and the doctor was pretty excited and invited all the med students to come and look at me. "Classic tick-borne disease" he said. I had the antibiotic course. Didn't take time off work. Actually never had any others symptoms besides the bull's eye rash.

They used to do a Western blot with antibody for diagnosis then, which they told me was not very reliable. Mine was negative. I was a bit confused about how they actually diagnosed the disease when half the sufferers didn't report tick bites and the diagnosis tool was unreliable. Perhaps it is clearer nowadays, I haven't really kept up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.