Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

1st and foremost - the original team selection. Playing a midfield 3 of Gundogan and Rodri and Ferna - we are one of the most creative sides in world football normally and Pep has a brain fart and decides to reomve all of it. 2 of them 3 together is bad enough but all 3 is shocking and it showed with zero attempts on target in the first half - we created nothing unsuprisingly.

The set up also nullified Kev - i can understand wanting him closer to goal but he had no supply due to the 3 midfieders beihind him....when we changed it its no surpise that he started to have an influence.
NO i dont think he was playing in midfield but as part of a central group of players he was very very poor and par tof the slow tempo of our play

Rodri and Gubdogan pairing has been talked about before as well - its not a good paring - we only need one of them andfor me it should be rodri if it has to be one fo them
Sorry but I'm utterly confused, you're contradicting your own post and it wasn't just a typo because you said it four separate times. Doesn't matter.

If we wanna win the CL then Pep is not the man to guide us. His record as a manager in this competition says enough.

I sacrifice the CL for the lovely football Pep makes us play any minute tbf. And accepting it sometimes gets frustrated.

The very least you do as a football club is give everything you can as a football club to get through to a Champions League semi-final.

Barcelona were a complete joke last night but they were just a team at the end of their line. We on the other hand didn't even play our best team. This is too big a mistake to forgive. It's not about making mistakes and accepting them. You just simply can not manage a team any more because everyone knows you cost us the game. I hope City have the guts to sack him.

I love this guy to bits but here is some Pep slander so please oblige :

The guy hasn't won the CL in last 9 years. Lets say UEFA wants to fuck us. But what about Bayern. They are UEFA's darling. He did got a team that just won a treble under Jupp. There is something wrong with how he approaches CL. I always thought we are just plain unlucky. But not today. Pep made his bed today so he better lie in it.

We have won 2 leagues out of 4 but still remain abysmal in CL. Maybe Pep is just not a fit manager for CL. Maybe
Di Matteo won the CL with Chelsea for crying out loud.

Also who is fuck is responsible for our transfer policies and do we have any defence scout. My mates always give me shit about the money we spend on defenders and damn if they ain't right. 350 million for this shit show.

And lets stop crying about UEFA or VAR. They hate us but we need to win matches despite this. Not shit up the bed more and then cry foul.

I don't know what the answer is for this conundrum. But spending another 300 mil will change anything I am not sure.

Correct me if I’m wrong but that’s the first time Fernandinho Rodri and Gundogan have all started a game together.
In midfield. I couldnt believe my eyes. If ever a game needed legs and pace and to take it to them, fuck me. He played that like an away leg with us home last. Wrong team and wank performance

The very least you do as a football club is give everything you can as a football club to get through to a Champions League semi-final.

Barcelona were a complete joke last night but they were just a team at the end of their line. We on the other hand didn't even play our best team. This is too big a mistake to forgive. It's not about making mistakes and accepting them. You just simply can not manage a team any more because everyone knows you cost us the game. I hope City have the guts to sack him.
Delusional.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.