Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Maybe that Bayern 8-2 pasting of Barcelona did us no favors .

It created a vacancy at a Club where Pep has strong emotional attachments.

I think more likely that this would have been the formation we would have used against them, and this was a test run. I imagine it was the plan all along but what Bayern did to Barca would have confirmed the ultra defensive game plan.

haha most common mistake in football and winds me up no end.

Also, despite the (very big, important) miss he was brilliant tonight. Looked sharp as a razor but literally had no options every time he was through as Jesus was being marked by the 10 Lyon outfield players.

Annoyingly, Sterling, DeBruyne and Jesus all looked like they could have had great games had the set up not been so weird and alien to them.
Agreed, so that being true, where does the blame finally arrive?

Only KdB can hold his head up from that performance. A pedestrian unimaginative line up that results in defeat after defeat to any half decent side . Sorry Pep is not a genius .His ego and the voices he hears may tell him he is but his time has come and gone as his playbook of gimmicks have all been sussed. If he is a genius then what the hell does that make OGS who repeatedly beats him? If

I can’t say I agree. I think he is a genius but he needs a good ‘foil’. Someone to moderate his just ‘plain stupid‘ tendencies and tell him to keep it simple and play to your strengths when needed. My worry is that nobody at the club fulfils that role.

Let's get it right, Pep messed up, Jesus missed a good chance, Sterling missed a sitter, Edison spilt one, and a foul for a goal was missed by the Ref and VAR.

The season is over, the players can rest, Pep can unwind and we start again next year with a few new faces and Pep leading us to more trophies.

The first goal? He's played clearly onside by Walker.
No he isn't . When the ball is kicked he is off side . To prove he was off run it in slow motion and you'll see . Why do you think there was no var re-runs . Their 2nd goal 2 fouls and off side but goal stood . we've been well shafted .

True, but we do give away some absolutely shocking goals. Think maybe the defensive stats are padded a bit by the fact that we completely dominate possession against most sides. Whenever we're put under a bit of pressure, we rarely stand up to it. maybe I'm being harsh, but I can't really think of our last really impressive defensive display?

Pep isn't about putting a shit load of time in to drilling low block defending. If you want a team that wins the low block defending world championship, why not just sign Rafa?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.