Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

If we’d have started with the team that was on the pitch when we equalised, the match would have been already won and the gift wrapped opportunity we gave UEFA to get their revenge would have been of no consequence

How can a coach who is so brilliant and experienced and gets paid god knows how much to win these games get it so wrong?

Is there nobody in his back room staff or even any of the players that could have pointed out he was sending us stumbling blindly into a catastrophe. I reckon 90% of us lot, even after a skinful of beer pre match, saw this coming when we saw the team
I don’t mind him getting it wrong, but change it quickly, which he never does. Instead, it is the usual painful 60 - 70 minutes of frustration. Side to side, then picked-off at the back with comical defending.....again!

True, but we do give away some absolutely shocking goals. Think maybe the defensive stats are padded a bit by the fact that we completely dominate possession against most sides. Whenever we're put under a bit of pressure, we rarely stand up to it. maybe I'm being harsh, but I can't really think of our last really impressive defensive display?

The 4 against us, 3 against Chelsea and 2 against Arsenal, all after they've already won it, are somewhat skewing those stats as well.

21 years ago....we got beat by Stockport fucking County at home.....I think that was the lowest feeling I have ever experienced as a City fan.....wasn't at York away....so I will take this loss on the chin(still angry though), and trust in Pep to deliver us the Holy Grail. (we've gotta beat all teams 4-0 or we will be fucked over by UEFA though, as per Lyon's 2nd goal).
I am still simmering though......why, why, why ?
Because he picked the wholly wrong team and past successes are exactly that. This was the most negative side he could have picked. All the talk of tournament football and every game a final, and he picked a team to play the first leg of a semi final away to Wigan

So how did we embarrass UEFA then?

They may be embarrassing themselves- but what did we do that embarrassed them?
We won at CAS! They were shown up to have nothing ,that va r decision at 1-1 wasn't an accident,

By the way sorry for my nonsenible spelling,I am on an old cheap fire tablet with a fucked up spellchecker ,every post has to be read through and uncorrected but I was mad so I didn't stop to do it,changes everything

Yawn. Doesnt matter. Why the fuck did we play Rhodri Fern and Gundogen in the same side at the same time
You're spoiling for an argument and you're not getting it from me. Read my post, I actually said that our tactics were the biggest contributing factor, not the decision but you're angry and upset and want a fight. Grow up.

The sensible ones aren’t asking for him to be sacked but the ones ignoring that tonight was pretty much all on him are just as bad.

Neither Black or white... there is truth in the middle. He’s a brilliant manager with flaws which seem to be becoming more noticeable. Hopefully he can stem the flow.

Spot on but Ihink Pep had belief im the Barca tram but not in the team he has built now which is why he fucked up

Suspect Pep spent many hours poring over every detail of the team to play Lyon ... and because he was certain we'd win, he also had one eye on trying a few things ready for Bayern. Planning ahead / plotting a way to nullify & surprise Bayern ... changing things to keep Bayern guessing.

Unfortunately, he over-thought it.
Klopp would just have played the same team & tactics that he always does, and it seems to work pretty well for him in Europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.