Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

We had an attack in the first half and it was 3 against 9. None of the midfield coming forward to give an option. So weird.

Suspect Pep spent many hours poring over every detail of the team to play Lyon ... and because he was certain we'd win, he also had one eye on trying a few things ready for Bayern. Planning ahead / plotting a way to nullify & surprise Bayern ... changing things to keep Bayern guessing.

Unfortunately, he over-thought it.
Klopp would just have played the same team & tactics that he always does, and it seems to work pretty well for him in Europe.
You only suspect that. Anyone knows you play one game at a time. Our boss failed us today and badly

The offside player dummied the ball. It was clearly both offside and a foul. But I point blank refuse to blame the officials tonight.
I don't blame them,i blame pep but that shouldn't excuse the officials for not doing their job,they need to get their but right as it changes games,i think it was on purpose as did bt but said politely,it is not on

You are nuts if you think our downfall was due to FFP and reffing rather than our set up tonight.
If you read what I said earlier I blame pep 100 percent for going out but I also know we are getting no favours either . That foul was at a most crucial stage of the game when we where on top and looking to score again so yes it didn’t help either but the game could have been won n the first half. Very concerned with Rodri going into next season if I’m honest as I think he’s a fucking cart horse .

Some of you need to calm down and sign off.

It's okay to be upset with the tactics tonight - I think Pep got them wrong too. It's a valid criticism, and it's a worrying trend that he seems to out think himself once we hit the knockout stages. I'm not debating that at all.

But to suggest Pep should be fired, or insinuate we'd be better off without him so is so fucking insane and childish I don't even know where to begin.

Pep is one of the best - if not the best - managers in the world. We have a fantastic squad, infrastructure, and owners willing to invest to keep it that way. We are so incredibly lucky.

Mistakes were made, and we were outplayed. It's frustrating but it happens. Let's see how that is addressed in the coming weeks. On to next season.

I don't want him fired, he's the absolute best of all time.

But he will fire himself & start over somewhere else, if he doesn't sort the elementary shite out. He will just say 'I've run out of ideas'.

What he's doing currently, isn't going to work, just as Kolarov etc was never going to work. That was obvious then & this is obvious now. He needs to adapt again.

It's a good thing Barca got their pants pulled down imo, just so everyone including Pep isn't going 'ahh but..'.

No, its time is over, adapt.

The offside player dummied the ball. It was clearly both offside and a foul. But I point blank refuse to blame the officials tonight.

I’m with this.. this is not why we lost and nor should we be pointing to it.

That said, as a football fan though I just can’t get to grips with the rule. He clearly interfered with play by dummying the ball he’s involved in the move and it’s natural course.. he is totally interfering with play.
So why no offside?

It wasn't offside ,it was the foul that was wrong
Someone needs to explain the offside rule to me because I have absolutely no idea about it now

I cannot understand why, when the ball is deliberately passed to an offside player, who let's the ball run through his legs, the offside player is not deemed to be offside!
Even though he has not touched the ball, he has influenced play

Some of you need to calm down and sign off.

It's okay to be upset with the tactics tonight - I think Pep got them wrong too. It's a valid criticism, and it's a worrying trend that he seems to out think himself once we hit the knockout stages. I'm not debating that at all.

But to suggest Pep should be fired, or insinuate we'd be better off without him so is so fucking insane and childish I don't even know where to begin.

Pep is one of the best - if not the best - managers in the world. We have a fantastic squad, infrastructure, and owners willing to invest to keep it that way. We are so incredibly lucky.

Mistakes were made, and we were outplayed. It's frustrating but it happens. Let's see how that is addressed in the coming weeks. On to next season.
Post of the night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.