Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Could take losing to Bayern but to fucking Lyon??

Our squad isnt that good. Ageing and too fucking slow.

Koulibally will be an enormous mistake. Mangala 0.2
Got to say i have not really followed him.So didn't get the fuss.

I made a point of watching him the other night.He had similarities to both Mangala,and Otamaendi lunging in.

was not impressed.

it is the one criticism you can aim at Pep, which is that he has a very poor record of recovering from a losing position. He stubbornly sticks to plan A until far too late in the game.
Right from the off it was clear that Lyon were pumping long balls with pinpoint accuracy, whereas we were just going from side to side like a metronome. It was all to pedestrian and predictable, whereas Lyon looked dangerous every time they got forward. The house of cards that is our defence, lived up to its usual standard.
Wonder how Barnardo Silva is feeling / thinking right now!?
Walker and Laporte are up there. The rest of our defenders won't suddenly become the solution next season.

No doubt Pep got it wrong today but that does not excuse player errors. One of the reasons Pep tries different things like today is because the players can't always be relied on to go out and deliver in this competition. He's tried to compensate for their weaknesses rather than just playing to their strengths. The fact is he has come a cropper with both approaches. We need some new players to help Pep elevate us again.

I've not read this thread but if comments are anything like those on Twitter, it'll just have me shaking my head at the state of some of our supporters. Pep is not perfect but Pep is not the problem.
[/QUOTEHe was tonight, he picked the team, and watched , and watched and watched !

We've bought shit like Rodri last summer and are lining up an 80m Mangala impersonator.

Do u have confidence the club will get the right players?

I mean we're keeping Gundogan for a start though even if we tried to sell him he'd go missing so we couldn't.
He got a new contract .

Got to say i have not really followed him.So didn't get the fuss.

I made a point of watching him the other night.He had similarities to both Mangala,and Otamaendi lunging in.

was not impressed.

Christ almighty, a cross between Mangala and Otamendi! That is going to be one hell of a shit defender :-)

An unnecessarily defense oriented starting 11, 2 "sitters" missed, 3 defensive "howlers" = Kaboom. Now Pep only Sergio remains from the "greats" time to sign an extension, some hungry young talents and build a new team to play the best football possible.

If you read what I said earlier I blame pep 100 percent for going out but I also know we are getting no favours either . That foul was at a most crucial stage of the game when we where on top and looking to score again so yes it didn’t help either but the game could have been won n the first half. Very concerned with Rodri going into next season if I’m honest as I think he’s a fucking cart horse .

Rodri is not a cart horse, nor is Ilkay or even a 35 year old Fern.. however playing the 3 together against a team that like to park the bus and break at pace is.. err.. not the best.

Rodri sat at the base of a 3 man midfield with a playmaker either side and a front 3 in front and regular back 4 would have blown that Lyon side away.

We had lost that game at kick off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.