Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Oh well, we lost next season to look forward to.

Face it though we're at the end of an era with Kompany, Silva, Fernandinho, even Aguero. The next generation is looking good and next year we'll be ready to fight even stronger. But it's always tough changing the guard and its been reflected in a frustrating year.

Got to be said UEFA are cheats though, its brazen tbh.

I’m with this.. this is not why we lost and nor should we be pointing to it.

That said, as a football fan though I just can’t get to grips with the rule. He clearly interfered with play by dummying the ball he’s involved in the move and it’s natural course.. he is totally interfering with play.
So why no offside?
I don't think he dummied it, he was just trying to avoid it. But neither matters because it did not prevent our defenders from playing the ball. They just watched.

Was gonna go into how he picked Ferny, and Gundogan, and Walker, and no Silvas, and no Foden, but CBA, it was that obvious....that is why I said why, why why........I dunno, maybe he just overthought it, maybe he is that intense, he just thinks he is right....I dunno.....he obs got it wrong tonight.....and I imagine he will say as much in the next few days.
After saying every game is a final and then playing the equivalent of Peter Reid and me in midfield instead of Foden and Mahrez then he can be as intense as he likes. My Mrs is intense and she's a twat, that is why I make the sensible decisions based on the particular situation

Imo, even allowing for the misses & fuckups, we should have won 1-0.

But ( and I'm not blaming him, even though I'm not a fan) what was Gundogan's role ?

I figured, Garcia, Rodri, Fern, Gundogan, was to keep the ball when Lyon pressed, but it was almost as if Rodri & Gundogan were decoys, to draw their midfield away, to allow Garcia time to move forward & pass it through to the front.

But why Gundogan ?
I have a recurring nightmare of City feebly being knocked out of the Johnstone Paints Trophy by Curzon Ashton in 2055, with Gundogan still stinking out our midfield, occasionally knocking the ball sideways with his zimmer frame.
Pep will still pick him every single fucking week

Someone needs to explain the offside rule to me because I have absolutely no idea about it now

I cannot understand why, when the ball is deliberately passed to an offside player, who let's the ball run through his legs, the offside player is not deemed to be offside!
Even though he has not touched the ball, he has influenced play

you are correct and on BT sport I was astonished not to hear the term ‘active’. A word that has been used all season to explain to us plebs the reason why a player deemed to be not in possession of the ball but who is materially effecting the game by being offside.....admittedly usually it’s used to explain to the team getting fucked over, that they are getting fucked over because their player was deemed to be active and therefore complicit in the offside....strange that it wasn’t used tonight by Walton the ‘wise’.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.