Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

I do wonder if pep had half an eye on the Munich game with that initial set up.
It's a good point. It almost felt he was trying to save people for the Bayern match. When you look at our slow defensive players tonight: Gundo, Rhodri, Garcia, Ferdy... we had a slim chance with that set-up. The only silver lining from tonight is that we avoided total humiliation in the semi-final. Bayern would have killed us and so would PSG.

If that was Peps interview for his return to his beloved Barca then he's got the gig, coz we were equally as shit as they were last night.
Why the fuck start Garcia who wants out, and leave players like foden n Bernie who would give sweat n blood for the shirt on the bench.
Why tinker again n again with a system where not one player had a fucking clue what they were supposed to do.
I want a keeper who actually makes a save and doesn't turn to shit in every big match.
We need pace n energy and Pep gave us slow predictable shite again, fucked off massively with that shambles, fucking horrendous team selection n tactics tonight, Pep you failed us tonight too much tinkering coz you wanna look like a smartarse.

We can complain until we are blue in the face about there 2nd goal , but we do it every season , we should be out of sight against teams like Lyon and Spuds , but we fuck out tactics up , miss sitters , penalties and then we moan about UEFA and the refs . We have the ability to be two or three goals clear in most games we play and the fact we give UEFA the chance to fuck us over every time is the most frustrating thing , because as far as the Champs league goes we have a self destruct button.

Just us that have to perfect every game to win it then, yeah?

We can complain until we are blue in the face about there 2nd goal , but we do it every season , we should be out of sight against teams like Lyon and Spuds , but we fuck out tactics up , miss sitters , penalties and then we moan about UEFA and the refs . We have the ability to be two or three goals clear in most games we play and the fact we give UEFA the chance to fuck us over every time is the most frustrating thing , because as far as the Champs league goes we have a self destruct button.
And we drag the players down before a ball is kicked.

I’d agree. Expected Goals had us as 3-1 winners - we certainly created the opportunities.

It does matter because it was 1-1 when that happened, with 10/15 minutes left, that makes a huge difference.

I do however agree with the team selection being the ultimate contributing factor, a lack of pace and width has cost us all season and it was the same again tonight. The back 3 and wingbacks formation was ideal, the implementation with an inverted wingback (Cancelo) and the last attack minded wingback in world football (Walker) just doesn't make sense.
Yawn. Doesnt matter. Why the fuck did we play Rhodri Fern and Gundogen in the same side at the same time

Pep fucked up, shit Negative selection
Garcia wants out yet plays ahead of Stones and Otamendi
Fernandinho showing his age
How the hell did Foden not get on after his performance against Madrid is beyond me
Foden’s easy to drop because he accepts everything without complaining. He only got a run in the team due to the league having long since gone.

21 years ago....we got beat by Stockport fucking County at home.....I think that was the lowest feeling I have ever experienced as a City fan.....wasn't at York away....so I will take this loss on the chin(still angry though), and trust in Pep to deliver us the Holy Grail. (we've gotta beat all teams 4-0 or we will be fucked over by UEFA though, as per Lyon's 2nd goal).
I am still simmering though......why, why, why ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.