Lyon CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely completely agree, I even said they all did well individually, Cancelo very much included, it wasn't a dig at him. I was simply highlighting how we can be caught out 1v1 if isolated and how we can use the team shape and system to limit those opportunities against Lyon.
Look at that team last night, and then put another natural CB in next to Eric, plus Torres and Ake, that’s some squad, even without El Mago

I noticed this too... I’ve never seen ederson play so many long balls in one game before.
He delayed his passing on several occasions to suck Franco forward and then passed the ball to a City player who then had more space & time and fewer Franco players defending.

Brilliant, simple tactics !!

Look at that team last night, and then put another natural CB in next to Eric, plus Torres and Ake, that’s some squad, even without El Mago
Personally I'd be happy with Stones, Adaradiayo and Harwood-Bellis but I can absolutely understand why people want to bring in another CB following Garcia's decision to go back to Barcelona.

Ake and Torres are perfect signings for me, I genuinely don't think we could have made better choices even with an unlimited pot of money and no FFP. Ake would be perfect against Lyon, as I think we should go three at the back and Torres as a different option to win games is an absolute no brainer.

It's an exciting summer already and if Tolmie is right, it sounds like it will only get better.

Last time we played them they gave us a very hard time. So I expect more off the same when we come to play them in Lisbon next Saturday. We will have to be at our best if Senor to qualify for th semi final.

I noticed this too... I’ve never seen ederson play so many long balls in one game before.

It was a clever move by pep but not something he will do on a regular basis. I think we will be back to normal against Lyon. He may only play one of rodri or gundog and put mahrez in.

Their midfield looks decent and have pace. I hope Pep doesn't start both Gundogan and Rodri. Prefer a midfield of Rodri-KDB-Bernardo, the rest of the side same as the Real game.

Sergio Aguero will miss the #UCL quarter-final clash with Lyon on August 15th. [
@scagliola_lucas

Pep Guardiola: "Why are we so special to win the #UCL than the other ones [left in the competition]? I don't see one reason why. To win this Champions League you have to beat a lot of teams of the quality of Real Madrid

Pep Guardiola: "We played against Lyon last season and we lost and drew. We couldn't beat them. That is the reality. It is incredible for us, but at the end [of the day], it is the last 16. We still have three games

Lyon looked quality the times we’ve faced them, yet this season they finished 7th in their league. So why is that? Did they sell a load of players? Obviously Mendy went to Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.