Lyon CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Barcelona v napoli.
Koulibaly is playing on the left side of their defence.
He does look a very confident player and commanding. I think he would suit us, his distribution is excellent.

Not that impressed, however how the hell can that be a penalty? He was kicking the ball away. Messi came from behind. VAR is so inept and is ruining the game.

No caution from now until (hopefully) the final, quick out the box and we obliterate all comers, imo, we just have to be clinical when we create.... I think we’ll navigate Lyon, however., can see it being Barca as opposed to Bayern which is a lottery with Messi on the field.

A bit of luck and we can do this, which is undoubtedly needed, regardless of who you are!

Lyon have been playing 3-5-2 so I can see Pep going with a similar XI but slightly different asymmetrical shape

omScdj2.png

Mahrez instead of bernado for me, rest looks perfect

Think Bernardo may start simply for the defensive workrate and if Walker bombs on Bernardo can create an overload in the middle

Will be interesting how much onus Pep puts on keeping the team stable vs going for the throat early on

Sergio Aguero will miss the #UCL quarter-final clash with Lyon on August 15th. [
@scagliola_lucas

Pep Guardiola: "Why are we so special to win the #UCL than the other ones [left in the competition]? I don't see one reason why. To win this Champions League you have to beat a lot of teams of the quality of Real Madrid

Pep Guardiola: "We played against Lyon last season and we lost and drew. We couldn't beat them. That is the reality. It is incredible for us, but at the end [of the day], it is the last 16. We still have three games
We know from All Or Nothing he’s saying one thing to the press and one thing to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.