Lyon CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyon will be tough. The kind of game we have slipped up in during previous campaigns. Barca or Bayern doesn't really matter. Both have enough talent to beat us if we aren't playing well.

Barca would probably be easier but my fear would be Pep throwing a curve ball to deal with Messi and getting the tactics completely wrong. Against Bayern he will play our usual way. Barca on paper are easier, they're not the same team they once were but with Messi and Suarez they have more than enough to win the competition.

With 5 subs allowed though the Bayern squad has so much depth and that's where Barca are lacking. Hopefully tonight goes to extra time and they destroy each other physically and we sail through v Lyon and that extra 30 mins in their legs helps us make the final! We shall see!

Bayern are probably the best side in Europe. World class players in every position, ridiculous attack, better defence than us, and in ridiculous form.

Best side in Europe doesn't always win the CL though, and both Barca and City, if we get through, could beat them on a given night.

I think the semi-final on our side will be the tie which decides who wins the CL, don't rate either PSG or Leipzig as that good.
Really looking forward to the bayern v barca game tonight. Bayern have looked very good, but im not sure they have been made to work that hard so far. Not sure Barca are really up to the task, but it should give us a good understanding of how good Bayern are.

Really looking forward to the bayern v barca game tonight. Bayern have looked very good, but im not sure they have been made to work that hard so far. Not sure Barca are really up to the task, but it should give us a good understanding of how good Bayern are.

Agree with the bolded part. Bayern are excellent, but, at the same time, which is the best team they have played all season so far? Dortmund?

They haven't played the best in Europe, whereas we have played Liverpool thrice (including the CS game) and Real twice.

To discuss the route to the final is not to underestimate Lyon though. Might be a difficult game.

Bayern haven’t played that much in the last month with the earlier end to the Bundesliga season. I think that against Barca it will be 50/50. Hopefully going to extra time and a shoot-out.

Fresh legs?

They will have had eight days from the Réal Madrid game. How much time do you think they need to recover, considering they were playing every three or four days in the Premier League after lockdown?
fresh legs for Semifinal may be. (i know lyon is imp but the 2/3 players different wont make much difference.

Agree with the bolded part. Bayern are excellent, but, at the same time, which is the best team they have played all season so far? Dortmund?

They haven't played the best in Europe, whereas we have played Liverpool thrice (including the CS game) and Real twice.

To discuss the route to the final is not to underestimate Lyon though. Might be a difficult game.
Yep as @willipp says, they have an easy ride for the vast majority of games, playing Barca and then us (assuming we get a result), 2 big games in a few days after quite a long break from a meaningful game, 3-0 v Chelsea could bite them on the Beckenbaurs.

I’m surprised blues are talking about the possible opponents in a semi. Lyon are the underdogs, in my opinion, and have absolutely nothing to lose in this game. We will be slaughtered if we lose and a defeat will make most of Europe happy.

At present we have no right to talk about the semi final. This is tournament football and Pep will be drumming this into the players as we speak.

One game at a time, sweet Jesus.

I’m surprised blues are talking about the possible opponents in a semi. Lyon are the underdogs, in my opinion, and have absolutely nothing to lose in this game. We will be slaughtered if we lose and a defeat will make most of Europe happy.

At present we have no right to talk about the semi final. This is tournament football and Pep will be drumming this into the players as we speak.

One game at a time, sweet Jesus.

Exactly, Lyon can park the bus and play on the counter which is the most successful game plan against us.

We should win but we’ll need to be completely focused and not thinking about the semi final like we did against Arsenal, already thought we’re in the final.

Exactly, Lyon can park the bus and play on the counter which is the most successful game plan against us.

We should win but we’ll need to be completely focused and not thinking about the semi final like we did against Arsenal, already thought we’re in the final.

The Arsenal point is so true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.