Lyon CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyon are good but not Madrid or Bayern or PSG good. We can afford to rest Gundy and play a more offensive formation. Bernardo and Mahrez in for Gundy and Foden?

Cancelo to stay at LB. Better than Mendy, imo. The rest of the team will be the same.
We can't afford to rest anybody. They've beaten Juventus over two legs and got themselves to the last 8, We failed to beat them in the last two games...

Enough said. One off game anything is possible.

Will be tough, and Lyon are no slouches, but let's be honest this is about as favorable a Champions League QF matchup as one could hope for.

Wish it wasn't a one off game, but we are clear cut favorites here.

Weds,Thurs,Fri,and us the last quarter final on the Saturday.
I was including the europa league starting on Monday night. Our FFP friends Wolves are on Wednesday I think and I suppose everyone will be glued to the TV on Monday night to see Manchesters finest.

Potential banana skin , but they finished 7th in a crap French league , if we dont stuff this lot we dont deserve to win any Champs league , my only nagging doubt is UEFA and their dodgy referees , in a one off game we could be properly stitched up with a sending off or a innuocuos penalty, its the only way UEFA will stop us now. Maybe Hollywood FC would be the most difficult game in the semi-finals but beating Hoeness, Rumenigge , Kahn and Sane would be the icing on the cake.

I'm taking nothing for granted here, French teams have been a bit of a bogey for us in the recent past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.