Lyon CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be important to have a similar first 11 against Lyon - The work rate was phenomenal last night - There is no drop off in intensity with Bernardo but I can't see Mahrez or David starting as we will need to close them down and recover. Foden and Jesus, in fact the entire team closed the space so well that Real looked fairly pedestrian. High hopes and as always Pep will pick the correct team.

Then why do you keep going on about their league standing, it means fuck all at this stage of a knockout comp

Because their league standing is suggestive for certain weaknesses we will try to exploit. I wrote several times that tactics, formation and personnel depend on the particular strenghts and weaknesses of the opposition. Playing this formation or player instead of that formation or player may sometimes be about arrogance (Arsenal), but I'm not talking about that now. Actually, I fully share your concern about being arrogant and mentioning Lyon's league standing invites suspicions about arrogance. I had a bad feeling about the Arsenal game, specially after the starting XI were anounced. We thought we could win this game while playing at 80/90 %. Hope we avoid this against Lyon. They beat Juve and they can beat us if we don't give 100%.

Last edited:
I think tactically the game will be different from pep so he may change the team a little. Maybe mahrez will play.

I think last night ederson was told not to fuck about and clear it. It was quite noticeable and good game management.

Before Ligue 1 was ended, Lyon had played 28 games W 11 D 7 L 10

This is in a league that is 90% dross....

Dont buy into this shit at all, they are here because they deserve to be and anyone that's thinks they will just roll over is a twat quite frankly

Not going to be easy this one at all.
They are exactly the sort of team thst we have fluffed our lines against this season. Pace through our midfield with midfielders getting up quickly in support and we are in trouble.
in fact last season (2018/19) we played them twice in the group games, only got ONE point and arguably should have lost both games.

Last edited:
Dont buy into this shit at all, they are here because they deserve to be and anyone that's thinks they will just roll over is a twat quite frankly

I don’t think they roll over, I think it will be a hard game. Just pointing out the numbers. They lost nearly 40% of their games in a weak league. The stats don’t lie

I don’t think they roll over, I think it will be a hard game. Just pointing out the numbers. They lost nearly 40% of their games in a weak league. The stats don’t lie

It's not a weak league though. It is not as strong as the very best but this does not imply Ligue 1 is weak. This season PL has been relatively weak with many traditional forces well below par. Nice that Liverpool still failed to reach 100 pts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.