Lyon CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure the 1 leg format suits us.
I worry about the penalties factor should it get to that.

We are more used to one off knock out competitions than the others due to our much moaned about and maligned domestic cups, that will help. As you say though the penalties are a fearsome thought. If only KDB could take them all. If it came to it I would be asking Him, Foden, Gundo, Ederson, Bernado to take them. Penalties fuck me perish the thought we would be fucked.

And we finished 2nd to Liverpool by a margin, but I'd still fancy us against them.

Slightly different though. We finished so far behind Liverpool for very clear reasons. VAR, Referees, poor management on our part in not sorting the defence out having lost Kompany. I should however point out that poor management that wins you a league cup, finishing second in the league, semi final of the FA cup, and at worst last 8 of the CL is the kind of poor management we could only have dreamed off not very long ago. Fuck it give it to Giggsy til the end of the season.

Slightly different though. We finished so far behind Liverpool for very clear reasons. VAR, Referees, poor management on our part in not sorting the defence out having lost Kompany. I should however point out that poor management that wins you a league cup, finishing second in the league, semi final of the FA cup, and at worst last 8 of the CL is the kind of poor management we could only have dreamed off not very long ago. Fuck it give it to Giggsy til the end of the season.
Maybe Lyon fans feel similarly about their season?

Got to be wary, its usually the QF stage we get completely fucked over by officials. Spurs last year with the hand ball goal that VAR supposedly did not have an angle to show the handball but funny enugh BT found one right after the game, Dippers year before where the 1st leg was one of the most corrupt officiating performances you will ever see, by a Spanish ref right after Pep was in the news for Catalan Independence and i am sure we still would have gone through if we went in 2 up at half time in the 2nd leg but for yet another awful decision to rule out Sane's goal for offside when he was not even close and you could argue the year before where the Monaco keeper should have seen red early on in the 1st leg. Funny none of this is ever brought up when its City have not won the CL debates on tv heh

Anyone on here that thinks Lyon will roll over is going to be In for a big shock next week.

They are technically outstanding and incredibly well organised.
Not disputing they aren’t a good side but why were they only 7th in their league and lost 10 of 28 games? They struggled with injuries?

No doubt this Lyon team are a dangerous outfit but they did finish Ligue 1 mid table and a healthy 28 pts behind PSG.
On the one hand they are well suited to cause us problems as they are very good on the counter but if we keep our discipline like we did last night we should come through this.
Pep will make sure we don’t underestimate them and there is no complacency.

i think this mini tournament will be a big hit, and could see it happening again, until the g14 get their dirty hands on it ,then turn it into a 32 team comp, with "history" clubs always invited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.