Lyon CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the City that turned up at Norwich does the same here too then we don't deserve to win the CL. Three games (hopefully), three big efforts.
If the City that turned up at Norwich and shoot on target we'd still win. But I take your point.

Lyon are about at Southampton level. That is the threat. Any complacency and they can easily do us but if we play to potential we will win. Its as good a draw as we would likely get in the quarter finals of the champions league.

LOL. For that arrogant comparison Pep would kick you all about the room. Lyon play a very tight 3-5-2.
You know quite well it wasn't about Soton's level but about our level having 26 useless shots. I guarantee we won't have that in a CL QF on Saturday.
I agree to the rest though.

LOL. For that arrogant comparison Pep would kick you all about the room. Lyon play a very tight 3-5-2.
You know quite well it wasn't about Soton's level but about our level having 26 useless shots. I guarantee we won't have that in a CL QF on Saturday.
I agree to the rest though.
Not arrogant in the slightest. They are ranked below Southampton according to the clubelo ratings for European teams which is calculated based on results over the last four seasons. If I remember correctly they are 43rd or something like that. City are 3rd with Bayern in 1st, Liverpool 2nd. If you want to check, Clubelo.com

Not arrogant in the slightest. They are ranked below Southampton according to the clubelo ratings for European teams which is calculated based on results over the last four seasons. If I remember correctly they are 43rd or something like that. City are 3rd with Bayern in 1st, Liverpool 2nd. If you want to check, Clubelo.com

Ah ok, thanks, didn't know that system before.
Anyway, Lyon beat Juve over 2 legs although being far lower on clubelo.
Not sure Southampton would have.

Can you guess the midfield vs Lyon at the Etihad two years ago?

Ferna-Gundy-Silva.

Delph and Bernardo started too and they are not the quickest players out there.

This time Pep can add pace and energy in the form of Cancelo, KDB and Foden. Raz and Gabby are in good form too.

Shit happens and we may lose again but I hope we will play much better than two years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.