Lyon CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the logistics of the players and staff staying in Portugal? Watched the video on the MCFC site of the last training session before departure and they've got a ton of training stuff, weights, exercise bikes, etc. Does all that go out there with them or are they staying in a place that has it all locally? And how about the medical team who looks after them and the cooks etc who make their meals at the Etihad, are all those support staff going out with the team?

If the City that turned up at Norwich does the same here too then we don't deserve to win the CL. Three games (hopefully), three big efforts.
Fingers crossed we wont be playing with Zinchenko, Stones and Otamendi as 3 of out back 4. Plus Kev will be back in. The good thing is that we have one competition to focus on so we'll have the best eleven in peps mind on the pitch every game, no rotation.

Flown out to Lisbon today. MEN have photos of squad. They didn’t spot Rodri there but have listed Champions League squad with him in.

Would be a huge miss.

#ManCity confirmed #UCL

squad: Ederson, Bravo, Carson, Bazunu; Walker, Stones, Zinchenko, Laporte, Mendy, Cancelo, Otamendi, Garcia; Gundogan, Rodri, De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, David Silva, Fernandinho; Mahrez, Foden, Sterling, Jesus, Aguero

I think this is City's best-ever chance to win the Champions League. This is the most favourable draw we could have asked for. I'd go as far as to say losing to Lyon would be the most disappointing result in our European history as the gulf in class between us and them is so vast.

That's not to say they can't upset us. This is football after all. However, I don't buy into this 'we didn't beat them the other year' lark. Since then they've got a new manager, lost their best player (Nabil Fekir). They finished 2nd in a very weak group and have only played 1 game in 5 months (which they lost). Even when they were playing in Ligue 1 before COVID they suffered 10 defeats and weren't anywhere near PSG at the top. If we don't get through we want shooting.

Kev and co will be so up for this game that I can't see anything other than a convincing win - and that's coming from a usually pessimistic fan.

Have to admit this game makes me a bit nervous. Lyon have talented players who have a proven ability to rise to the occasion for games like this. They seem to set up well against City and if the midfield isn't sharp it could be a troublesome game.
Having said that, City are the stronger team, should win and if they get through this I genuinely believe they'll go all the way.
There, I've said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.