Lyon CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with this. If that were true, why have we been knocked out by Spurs last season, Liverpool the season before (when we finished about 30 points ahead of them in the league) and Monaco the season before that?

I think different clubs are better in Europe than others due to suiting the two-legged ties. I don't think that applies to us - we're clearly very good at winning single-leg cup competitions, but not two-legged competitions.

but not two-legged competitions,
Douglas barder says HI..

The lads seem super focused,walker was saying after the Madrid game that they had to concentrate and do exactly what pep has told them to do,just need to not lose our nerve if we get to play bayern or barca

Just noticed that Bayern have won 26 of their last 27 games - the other one was a draw. Hoping they hit the post 5 times against Barca, while Barca win with a fluffed clearance bouncing off Messi's backside into the net.

The best stat would be xG in this case, especially if you had a complex model like StatBombs which includes defender position and footedness, as it's literally a probability of scoring, and if you underperform you're worse than the average finisher.

According to understat, Ronaldo and Lewandowski were worse than average in most of the seasons since the introduction of the xG tool. Lewandowski was shockingly bad last season and worse than average in 3 from 6 seasons.

Statsbomb is probably better but I don't find xG data for individual players there.

What xG can't take into account is the extent to which a forward creates chances for himself with his movement. Judged solely on their xG, Ronaldo and other excellent forwards are not particularly efficient. Yet Ronaldo has scored 50+ goals six seasons in a row. Jesus may be a bit like him or Lewandowski: i.e. not great on xG metrics but still very productive. I hope so.

Just saw the highlights of the 2-1 loss and 2-2 once again. Poor defending in both games. Us making mistakes is their best chance of winning so we need to be on it and focused.

Wonder if Pep will start Mendy or Cancelo again.

Also, does Dave get a start here? I think he would be a better option than Gundogan. Also who starts RW, Bernardo or Mahrez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.