Lyon CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'd rather win vs. Lyon than not.

We failed to beat the only 3 decent sides we played without him in the side and Lyon are a decent side.
We all want to win, but to state we lose if he doesn't play is bollocks, and you know it.
And I'd rather win vs. Lyon than not.

We failed to beat the only 3 decent sides we played without him in the side and Lyon are a decent side.

I wonder more about the defensive partner for Laporte and left back.

I think City are better with Foden in the side because he adds industry and is very direct in the final third. I don't see it being an either or choice between Foden and Mahrez particularly as I don't think it's a very good idea to play the same system and personnel 4 times in succession over 2-3 weeks given we must plan for success.

Will Pep adopt the same high pressing game against Lyon that we used against Real Madrid? I don't know whether Lyon like to build up their game from the back or what their attributes are. I think Pep used Foden and Jesus to harass the Real Madrid defence because he knew that they'd struggle with that. That's not a typical City set-up.

Yeah, but a CL-QF isn't a typical City matchday as well ;)

Preparing for this match I can only recommend anybody to have a closer look at the 3-5-2 system. You'll find a lot about strengths/weaknesses within a short research.

Our typical 4-3-3 leaves them a lot of space to counter - which would be their ONLY weapon.
I bet on an unchanged setup where Pep mainly wants to start with maximum energy/confidence/corones, with KDB dropping into midfield to a.. EDIT!: 4-5-1 ...in defence to match their compact mid.

Last edited:
Does anyone know a decent bar showing the match (in an outdoor setting) in town on Saturday?

Refs for the QFs are:

Atalanta - PSG.......Taylor
Leipzig - Atletico....Marciniak
Barca - Bayern.......Skomina

Smells very much like our friend Lahoz for us if you ask me...
Will be announced about tomorrow lunch time.

2020 CL knockout refs up to now were:

ENG: Taylor (2x), Oliver
ESP: Lahoz, Orsato, del Cerro, Gil Manzano
GER: Brych (2x), Zwayer
TUR: Cakir (2x)
ROM: Hetagan (2x)
POL: Marciniak
NED: Makkelie

(EL refs this week were Oliver, Turpin, Orsato and del Cerro.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.