Lyon CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at Lyons last results , they were not in the best of form including a 1-5 battering at home by PSG , although they beat Juventus it was a poor game and Juventus offered little apart from the show pony , if we can get an early goal we will win comfortably but if we miss a dozen chances and try to walk the ball in the net it will be a long and nervous night.
The latter then :)

UEFA saving Lahoz for a semi...

It's Danny Desmond Makkelie (NED) as ref on Saturday.

Only had him vs Gladbach (h) Dec 2015 in a 4-2 win.

With PSG beating Atalanta all we need is City to beat Lyon and we are 3rd seeds if we qualify for the group stage of this years CL. So I will be shouting that bit louder for City on Saturday. I don't think it will be easy, but you should do them. All the best.

UEFA saving Lahoz for a semi...

It's Danny Desmond Makkelie (NED) as ref on Saturday.

Only had him vs Gladbach (h) Dec 2015 in a 4-2 win.

For all the conspiracy nuts who find an agenda behind every referee we get.

A dutch referee is referee a game where if we win, the biggest team in the Netherlands gets an automatic group place and about €40m guaranteed.

Whoever he plays at LB for me, I think he has to stick with for me moving forward.

Get the back 4 comfortable playing together.

He rarely plays Bernardo in midfield with De Bruyne, but can see him playing on right midfield.

I think as unpopular as it is Phil might be the one to miss out.

Depending on Pep’s thoughts for the semi final (I know but it will be a consideration as to whether he starts Silva).

I’d go

Ederson
Cancelo
Laporte
Fern
Walker
Rodri
Silva
KDB
Bernardo
Jesus
Sterling

I'd like to see Foden start any remaining games based on the format and teams left.

We need industry in the high press and also a goal threat when chances will start to become even more at a premium.

It's made more for the likes of Mahrez and Bernie to stretch teams later on, certainly if we do get our noses in front.

Opponents still don't really know what Phil is capable of in a variety of roles, something teams can plan for more with established starters.

There is perhaps also an argument that Mahrez, like KDB, takes more risks (high reward) so don't need that if Phil can help us being countered, coupled with his ability in tight areas.

Reactions: OB1
I'd like to see Sterling, Jesus, Foden, Bernardo up front but that would only leave KDB & Rodri or Gundo in midfield. Bit short there methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.