Lyon CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The BBC seem confident already knowing the outcome :

The Premier League will release its fixtures next week, although both Manchester clubs will be given a delayed start to the season after reaching their respective European semi-finals.

The BBC seem confident already knowing the outcome :

The Premier League will release its fixtures next week, although both Manchester clubs will be given a delayed start to the season after reaching their respective European semi-finals.
For fuck sake :(

That is the point what City will turn up for the match.

A. The one that turned up at Norwich
or
B. The one that turned up against Livarpool at home
Surely of all the matches this season we will be up for this one? Our biggest threat is being out-thought and out-fought.

I worry a bit about this game needing a lot of energy and running then having nothing left in the tank if we get passed them,we could do with trying to keep it slow and controlled but they are Duracell bunnies if I recall right
Would that be Duracell powered rabbit devices then...:)

It's not quite the route to the final we had laid on a plate for us last year, but it's very, very winnable and entirely on us if we don't make it. Atletico were the only team in the competition who really concerned me. Let's get through Saturday and enjoy a second week of this!

It's not quite the route to the final we had laid on a plate for us last year, but it's very, very winnable and entirely on us if we don't make it. Atletico were the only team in the competition who really concerned me. Let's get through Saturday and enjoy a second week of this!

There's nothing great about this Atletico team. Bayern and PSG are better than them. Mbappe or Neymar or Lewandowski or Messi running at Ferna would concern me much more than the inept Atletico attack. Even Lyon can pose bigger problems to our defence than Atletico for they are better at counter attacking.

This 'the route to the final is not difficult' has to die. We are likely to play at CB with a 35 y.o. midfielder and a defender who is back from a horrific injury. At LB we may use a RB. In Sterling, Jesus and Foden we have the youngest front 3 among the contenders. We have good chances to win and I believe in the team but the route to the final isn't easy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.